My new BMW E46 seats! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

0B577DFD-4E24-4573-96F4-15C40552581A.jpeg
X3 seats slso fit perfectly with the torfab brackets.

All very nice looking seats! Any issue with e46 seats fitting with the heater under thebpassemger seat?

Redoing my interior and debating new foam and marine vinyl from $OR OR going this route.

Want to check everything out first though.

Damn. My underseat heater works great and i have kiddos to worry about. Would that then entail getting a 62 rear heater/console, etc..?

To compliment the BMW X3 seats, I also replaced the worn out seatbelts with X3 belts. The first thing to do was to get same adaptor plates made and bolted on to the new belts to match the old ones

74C81D1A-6D90-4E02-95C8-FD0485A95A73.jpeg

Then get the end bent 90 degrees to match the old belts
835AF168-F6F3-40E2-A95C-1C8242B74E3C.jpeg

Using the original bolt, the belt fitted perfectly.
4126DFBB-6BE5-4694-9866-9CEA291F3659.jpeg

Then the top mount needed some work. The bmw bolt hole was 14mm but the original was 12mm. So i cut some 14mm tube with 12mm internal diameter and slipped it over the bolt for the pivot. Then bolted on no problem.
7DC0F055-6B50-4C99-922A-A09DA1388489.jpeg

Bolted the end to the floor and put the long belt cover on.
20D82398-6EDA-4926-AF43-D4DC10CC8ACC.jpeg

Each side took just 30 mins to fit. The stalk came attached to the seat so just had to unbolt the old stalk and then refit the bolt to block the hole.
This has been very satisfying and looks great.

These are manual and vinyl with Torfab brackets. Comfortable and easy to install. There are a couple considerations that deal with getting in them.

First the long rails can be a hazard when the seat is pushed back. My kid hit her ankle on them getting in and I hit mine climbing out. I have also hit my knee on the dimmer switch twice since the install. I’m worried more about the dimmer than my knee. Once in them, the seats are great with a wide range of positions.

Second, I used to store my fire extinguisher under the seat. With this setup it doesn’t fit. Once again the rails get in the way.

View attachment 1638544 View attachment 1638543
hey bud I have same seats in black vinyl in my FJ62. Problem is they're black and I'm in Arizona. my interior is grey. looking for grey sheepskin covers where did you get these for your tan seats? thanks in advance

Sheepskin Seat Covers Custom Tailor-Made100% Sheepskin

I am in the process of installing e90 seats from a 2008 335i. I got full power/leather/heated. To the questions regarding head room, the driver seat has adjustable rake. All the way up, front and back, I still have an inch or two between my head and the headliner. I am 6'1". When I move the seat all the way back, I can barely touch the gas. I removed the left foot pad, and I can't touch the firewall with my foot at a normal angle to my calf. The passenger seat moves up and down in one plane, but moves forward as you raise it, and vice versa. It comes up to the same height as the driver does. It is probably a 3-4" rise.

hey bud I have same seats in black vinyl in my FJ62. Problem is they're black and I'm in Arizona. my interior is grey. looking for grey sheepskin covers where did you get these for your tan seats? thanks in advance
Mine came from a company called sherpskinnof oregon. I really like them but the weren’t cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom