Some New “New” Wheels! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Some of you may recall I had some 18” bronze Fuel Anza wheels. Good looking wheel. But decided the reverse sharp step lip was too abrupt for the flowing lines of the 200. So I set out looking for a more smooth contour/concave design.

Wanted it to be rugged yet unique. I really liked these. And they turned out quite nice on the truck. What do you guys think?

3ABA9409-9EFB-4FA6-B68B-31BDCE0F7970.jpeg

B5A6E20A-1A7C-4116-8C43-0F81FC7EC65C.jpeg

8A9EFE90-96D1-4919-8134-9861B113FA8C.jpeg

A555315A-20BF-47B5-A7F8-A2E2EDCD8062.jpeg

D619D3C1-CB28-4785-B419-60B4688693F5.jpeg

Intersting. Not my cup of tea. But if it makes you happy, thats all that matters. Your money, your truck.

I hear you. Years back this would not my cup of tea either. Never anything too edgy. However, since this IS a hobby... and I try to have a "growth mindset"... I decided to have fun a little more fun than usual and expand my flavors of tea if you will. After life is already short. Why also keep doing the same things ;)

Compared to a lot of the aftermarket wheels, I kinda like it. And if you do, that's all that matters. What's the offset on those?

They are growing on me. I wonder what it would look like if the black border was a lighter color

I like them a lot!!! great pick

What's the Load Rating for those wheels?

What size tires are you running?

I hear you. Years back this would not my cup of tea either. Never anything too edgy. However, since this IS a hobby... and I try to have a "growth mindset"... I decided to have fun a little more fun than usual and expand my flavors of tea if you will. After life is already short. Why also keep doing the same things ;)
^^^^Love this philosophy^^^^ I too, have a growth mindset and am always looking to experience new things! Keep iterating! (send me the Anza's) :clap:

They look like two pieces of different wheels, a bit confused looking. Is the center part a hubcap or a detachable food strainer for camping? I’m seriously confused. :D

They look like two pieces of different wheels, a bit confused looking. Is the center part a hubcap or a detachable food strainer for camping? I’m seriously confused. :D

Haha. That’s sort of the point. They confused me too as it’s a complex look for sure. They are one piece. At first I thought “well that just makes the 18” wheel look even smaller as the black outer portion blends with the tire.” Then it grew on me for this very reason among others. I also like the finish of the center. Not to blingy but still special looking. Here are a couple more pics:

D59EFDE1-EBE3-4586-804A-EE3858456497.jpeg

95369EC1-1884-42B5-AFB2-064B6F403747.jpeg

No oops. 2250 per wheel or 9000 total lbs is more than enough for us. Have no intention of loading my truck down with 3k lbs! It’s the wife/fam mobile with the occasional off-road or camping. I suppose I would have to have 7 passengers plus luggage and also a pop up trailer on the ROOF instead of being pulled to exceed the load! At least it’s not a 20” or 22” with rubberband tires!

I used to nerd out in regards weight of wheels for my sedans and sportscars - using only the absolute lightest. Now I just make sure they’re not heavier than average abs pick a style I like!

Speaking of load I’m curious how many here have ever exceeded load or see a wheel give out under load?

Last edited:
I think they look great!

I have a pearl blizzard 2017, and just got my kings (i noticed yours)

Questions:
- your running 285 65 18 (i noticed)
- what height do you have the springs at ?
- do you run stock rears?
- what is the offset on the rims, any rub?

Reason i ask is that i was just going to "level" with my kings, and use the stock rear spring, so I didn't know if i could get away with that?

No oops on my part. 9000 total lbs is more than enough for us. Have no intention of loading my truck down with 3k lbs! Plus it’s the wife/fam mobile with the occasional off-road or camping. I suppose I would have to have 7 passengers plus luggage and also a pop up trailer on the ROOF instead of being pulled to exceed the load!

It sounds like you'll be okay with mild offroading but it's not hard to get an LC on 3 wheels on even moderate trails. IMO that's where the load rating really starts to play a role.

No oops. 2250 per wheel or 9000 total lbs is more than enough for us. Have no intention of loading my truck down with 3k lbs! It’s the wife/fam mobile with the occasional off-road or camping. I suppose I would have to have 7 passengers plus luggage and also a pop up trailer on the ROOF instead of being pulled to exceed the load! At least it’s not a 20” or 22” with rubberband tires!

I used to nerd out in regards weight of wheels for my sedans and sportscars - using only the absolute lightest. Now I just make sure they’re not heavier than average abs pick a style I like!

Speaking of load I’m curious how many here have ever exceeded load or see a wheel give out under load?

If all a wheel had to do was support 1/4 of the static weight of our vehicles, then we'd all be sporting wheels that looked like spiderwebs and weighed less than 5 pounds.

When rating a wheel for load, many factors must be considered; but the most demanding would be live loading. Live loading is the load a wheel/tire combination experiences when striking a pothole, hitting a curb, banging into a rock, cornering hard, etc. Under such dynamic conditions the actual load on a wheel/tire will be much more than just vehicle static weight.

Toyota have determined that a load rating of at least 2,512 pounds is required for a wheel/tire combination used on a stock 200 series Land Cruiser. Go below that, as with the wheels in question, at your own peril. Obviously, your rig - your choice. Just be aware that you will be operating below the safety limits the design engineers specified for your stock rig. Running a wheel with a lower than stock Load Rating is like running a tire with a lower than stock Load Limit - probably OK under most circumstances, but sooner or later something's going to give.

HTH

When I go on the black rhino site it does not offer these as compatible. This is probably why.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom