Off Road Trailer Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Could you post some pics and details on raised rack system,im looking for ideas to do something similar for hauling kayaks,i use a ground tent.
Great build!

Hey what's the reasoning behind only tack welding the 14 g steel on? Not necessary to do full beads?

Seam welding isn't needed and less heat means less warpage and less work.

Such an incredible build! You've got some serious skillz, man. Badass garage too!

Thanks!!

Just took the trailer to Colorado and it did great! Even took it on some 12,000' passes!

DSC00982.jpg

DSC01217.jpg

DSC01545.jpg

Sorry if I missed this in the thread somewhere. What did you use as a coupler/Bar set up? Looks like initially you had something different to the Y shaped bars you have in later pics? Do you have a lock n roll or max coupler or similar?

A few of the 'kitchen' in it's various stages-

Transit mode-

DSC02220.jpg

Quick stop... fridge out and table down-

DSC02221.jpg

Same, but with stove out-

DSC02222.jpg

Full cook mode-

Water supply, stove, drawers, fridge-

DSC02223.jpg

Just wow...

My old trailer found it's way home, sorta. I built this trailer in the early 90's and hauled everything you can think of all over the state. I had to sell it after I retired because I used to store it where I worked. Sold it to a friend for $100, who then gave it to his son who thrashed the crap out of it hauling stuff to the farmer's market. He never really learned how to back it up and jackknifed it on several occasions. My friend's son then gave it back to his Dad who rewired it, put new lights on it, put new marine grade plywood on it and repaired what needed fixing. My son has been looking for a trailer to customize for camping and I mentioned that to my friend. He said "I'll sell the trailer you sold me." I asked how much. He said "Since you gave me such a good deal, I'll sell it to you for $125". I wrote him a check for $150 and called my son and told him that I just bought him a trailer. Only stipulation is I get to borrow it anytime I want and he renew the tags. We both are happy campers now and have been having fun customizing it. Very fun work in progress.
First pic is when I owned it.
OOPS! Didn't mean to hijack your awesome build. I should have started my own build thread!:beer:
Second pic was after painting, installing 15" wheels and tires, and adding jerry can holders. Who knows whats next.
001.JPG
016.JPG

Awesome build!!! I'm totally going to try to make a s***tier version of your exact trailer. Thanks for posting!

Now that you have run the trailer a few times, what would you change?

Wow, great trailer, beautiful 40!

This is an insanely awesome 40 and trailer build. Can't believe I am just running into this today. It is very impressive and a treat to read about. The choice of V8 engine upgrade along with all the other upgrade options were on point. Pics are magazine cover quality...Mad props to you on these fantastic projects!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom