'Mud pet memorial thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

One of our office/yard cats, Mister Jinx, who I had to put down yesterday (cancer). He found us 5 years ago, already a mature cat with battle scars, but quickly became a sweetheart.
full

He purred to the very end.

Godspeed, Jinxy.

RIP Jinxy.

Our pets bring so much enrichment to our lives. It is so hard to lose one.

She was beautiful. I'm so sorry for your loss, and yes, it's a brutal decision. She was young -- what happened?

She was just under 6 years old (average GSD is 8-12).

She had, at least that we know of, one very large and one small mass in the end of her GI tract. Apparently extremely difficult to resolve, and even if a successful surgery were to happen the lifespan after is still bleak. Essentially she wasn't able to defecate.

Last Tuesday we took her to a new vet, who found it. We had taken her to our previous vet twice in about a 4-5 month timespan for issues that we now know were definitely related. We had less than a week with her after we found out.

Quick moral is.... If all your current vet does is provide pain meds and antibiotics because they don't know what's wrong - run - find another vet.

She was just under 6 years old (average GSD is 8-12).

She had, at least that we know of, one very large and one small mass in the end of her GI tract. Apparently extremely difficult to resolve, and even if a successful surgery were to happen the lifespan after is still bleak. Essentially she wasn't able to defecate.

Last Tuesday we took her to a new vet, who found it. We had taken her to our previous vet twice in about a 4-5 month timespan for issues that we now know were definitely related. We had less than a week with her after we found out.

Quick moral is.... If all your current vet does is provide pain meds and antibiotics because they don't know what's wrong - run - find another vet.
Very sad. Again, my sympathy to you and your family.

We lost our young, beautiful/sweet baby girl yesterday. Toughest decision of my life.

So very sorry to hear this. I've been there (losing a cherished pet) more times than I care to remember and I understand your grief.

Yes, it is among the most difficult decisions we make in our lives, but please remember: Our pets depend on us for more than just food, shelter and affection. At some point in their lives....there will come a time when they need for us to provide them with that final act of kindness.

The very worst thing a person can do....would be to let their beloved pet suffer unnecessarily, or try to 'extend' their lives...when quality of life no longer exists. They depend on us to make the decision (at the proper time) to help them exit this world....BEFORE they have to suffer.

You did the right thing, at the right time. And I am well aware the gut-wrenching feeling it involves and the heartache afterward.

If there exists some form of afterlife (and I believe there is), it is my fervent prayer that we are reunited not only with our Human loved ones, but also the pets we shared time with, who gave us so much pleasure.

Little Girl

full

A sweet girl who came along many years ago and found us at work. My boss took her in and she lived with him and his other rescues, who all come to work every day. I spend so much time with the "office dogs" (and cats) that I feel like they're part mine (and miss them when they're gone like they were mine). A tenacious hunting dog's nose and instincts she displayed even in her old age, but with the sweetest disposition. She got along with all the dogs and cats, including mine. She stopped eating yesterday and this morning she passed on. Now she's running again in green fields and woods, forever young.

Kudos to your boss for using the office for housing rescues. It a great way to increase the supply of good homes for worthy pets. Now that there's an opening, please encourage him to bestow that gift on another lucky rescue.

This is Molly. It's been a few years and we still miss her terribly. She was such a great dog!
She was a rescue that turned out to have some serious, and expensive, health issues. In other words somebody dumped their sick dog.
We were fortunate to have 8 wonderful years with her.

molly.jpg

This is Molly. It's been a few years and we still miss her terribly. She was such a great dog!
She was a rescue that turned out to have some serious, and expensive, health issues. In other words somebody dumped their sick dog.
We were fortunate to have 8 wonderful years with her.

View attachment 1654089

What a sweet girl! I've always loved those faces.

Last Friday we had to let our Marco go...

He was a 13 year old Viszla who loved all and lived a great life. The time came quickly, but we could not let him suffer.

It's so dam hard to loose a dog, any dog, but like most who will read this post, "our" dogs are always so special and will be missed so much.

Thanks Marco

DSC03997.JPG
P1080261.JPG

It's so dam hard to loose a dog, any dog, but like most who will read this post, "our" dogs are always so special and will be missed so much.

It is very hard indeed. It's been exactly 2 weeks since my cat died and I still can't let it go. Still got trouble adjusting to everything without her.

I was never a cat guy until a little stray calico insisted on making us fall in love with her. We had her for 19 years and had to put her down two days before Christmas in 2016. I still miss her every time I walk outside and she's not there. I feel for you guys that have just lost your buddies, but the pain does slowly fade to a tolerable level and the good memories take over.

Last Friday we had to let our Marco go...

He was a 13 year old Viszla who loved all and lived a great life. The time came quickly, but we could not let him suffer.

Thanks Marco

View attachment 1659900 View attachment 1659901
Run In Peace, Marco.

This is Cormac, my first German Shepherd, at I think 12 weeks. He once followed me up a ladder into a barn loft. Years later he jumped out my second storey window when he saw me ride my horse down the road and decided he had to follow me.

He died in 2009 and I still miss him.
IMG_20180416_214527811_LL.jpg

^^^ You inspired me.

First of four Labrador Retrievers, Bristol at 7-8 weeks, almost half my life ago:

full

Swimmer, duck dog extraordinaire and companion in all things. Four years later we got his distant cousin, Winter. We had wonderful adventures together, including this vacation in northern Michigan
full

On a rare hunt together (usually it was just Bristol)
full

An always happy Bristol, 12, at his favorite place, the beach (a year before he moved to the other side)
full

Winter, always a sweet gentleman, at 10
full

I have thousands of pics of our shared adventures and moments. We're on number 3 and 4 now, but every time we go to the beach we say hello to Bristol and Winter, and know that one fine day we'll all be together again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom