FJ80 "TRD Off Road" Rear Quarter Panel Decals (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

how-to-make-your-ricer-faster-add-2790hp-to-your-29017744.png

If it ain't a type Rrrr, it ain't a tyte carrr

latest

I am fine with the OE "4500 dual cam" (or whatever it says, was the 1FZ sticker).

But all the TRD stickers just seem :rainbow: .

My Tundra had those wonky-a$$ ROCK WARRIOR ones, they were 86'ed long ago.

Now, if you could stamp it into the metal like a Tundra box / gate - then you got something!

I had that one too, but I died just like the rest. Oddly enough, my supercharger doesn’t seem to miss them?

I am fine with the OE "4500 dual cam" (or whatever it says, was the 1FZ sticker).

But all the TRD stickers just seem :rainbow: .

My Tundra had those wonky-a$$ ROCK WARRIOR ones, they were 86'ed long ago.

Now, if you could stamp it into the metal like a Tundra box / gate - then you got something!

Can’t believe I just wasted part of my life reading this crap

If it ain't a type Rrrr, it ain't a tyte carrr

latest

Less talk, more TRD Off Road.

TRD_Thumb_White_01_d3d86a7d_221b_4782_89bb_13f193609ade_1024x1024.jpg

DSC_8240_s.jpg

IMG_4901.jpg

IMG_4140.jpg

image2.jpg

7927125094_518e1bf2ff_b.jpg

4gnkv5.jpg

20170516_195156.jpg

20160606_152433.jpg

Jeep sells more “RUBICON” hood stickers than Rubicon Heep models. Let’s leave this nonsense to that crowd.

Last edited:
Jeep sells more “RUBICON” hood stickers than Rubicon Heep models. Let’s leave this nonsense to that crowd.

I can appreciate the criticism of installing a "Rubicon" sticker when you don't actually have the Rubicon package on your Jeep. Because you're claiming that your vehicle is more off road capable than it actually is. That's just phony.

But my Land Cruiser has an upgraded suspension/tires and FR and RR e-lockers. So it's not like I'm being a poser who slaps a TRD Off Road sticker on his truck, but it can't climb a steep driveway. It's probably more capable than any TRD Off Road package offered from Toyota. So it's certainly earned the title.

Either way, I appreciate your opinion. I may put them on and see how I like them. I can always remove them later if I change my mind.

I can appreciate the criticism of installing a "Rubicon" sticker when you don't actually have the Rubicon package on your Jeep. Because you're claiming that your vehicle is more off road capable than it actually is. That's just phony.

But my Land Cruiser has an upgraded suspension/tires and FR and RR e-lockers. So it's not like I'm being a poser who slaps a TRD Off Road sticker on his truck, but it can't climb a steep driveway. It's probably more capable than any TRD Off Road package offered from Toyota. So it's certainly earned the title.

Either way, I appreciate your opinion. I may put them on and see how I like them. I can always remove them later if I change my mind.

It’s funny, the different reactions or opinions offered. I kinda likened it to the Jeep phony mod you spelled out so well above because there was no TRD model offered and the mods you and I and so many others have done, while improving the capability, were not offfered or developed by Toyota, so not a TRD. I guess other than maybe the supercharger which I don’t think is really the point.
Based solely on aesthetics, I think the color of the truck may determine how good it looks?

Whatever. Your 80.

I get a kick out of the fact it's more an 'inside joke' how well an 80 does without gaudy stickers & paint schemes.
I've had plenty of "nice 4runner!" -comments & my only reply is a 'thanks.'
What people don't know, doesn't hurt 'em.

If you want real TRD suspension you need the $hitty Bilstein shocks like my Tundra wears.
When you see the current offering of real TRD accessories it's embarassing (shift knobs & mufflers) - but if you like the stickers, more power to you.

~10hp total if my math is right :rimshot:

(I'd have used the "stick-poker" emogee but it must have gone MIA with the old "limpwrist" one.)

Three ****ing pages about fake azz stickers.

I need to buy a 40 Series...

Did somebody say 4Runner? The 3rd gens never came with the TRD Off Road option, but I think they look good with the sticker too.

DSC03104_jpg_original.jpg

20150207_170552_Richtone_HDR_jpg_original.jpg

TRD012_jpg_original.jpg

TRD014_jpg_original.jpg

IMG_1131_jpg_original.jpg

In 2000 Toyota released the “Highlander edition” of the 4Runner. It had Bilsteins and a good scoop. Later named the “Sport Package”. The Highlander Edition was a TRD Package.

I just want to know who's black truck that is, on the first page (3rd and 4th pics). Anyone know what wheel?

Why is that relevant? Those wheels...make the TRD decal look better :D

My thought is that the TRD off-road decal isn’t needed, the name Land Cruiser says it in and of itself. Nothing really to prove. It would be somewhat like in the Jeep world if a dude decided to slap the Rubicon decal on his classic CJ-5.

About 14 years ago I probably was one of the first members on here to slap some trd decals on the quarter panel on my 80 and I also got a lot of mixed reviews.. I remember everyone asking if my rig was supercharged, and if it wasn't I shouldn't have put them on.. I said the hell with it and threw them on...I liked it then and I still like it now... Go for it.. If you like, do it. You don't need anyones approval or likes... I actually got another 80 a year ago and put some 4500 decals on the quarters too.. Btw, my rig is the 3rd from the bottom post #44..:cheers:

Three ****ing pages about fake azz stickers.

I need to buy a 40 Series...

Right?

I thought cupholders/oil/tires were our worst threads, but hey - I am right-of-center on most junk, and this is pretty much a "freedom of speech" -issue, so OP can slap any sticker on his stuff like any millennial/whoever can get a tattoo.

Go for it.
It's your 80.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom