New registered from France (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everybody
i just arrived on the forum, after 8 years with a BJ40, 17 years with a HJ61, i just baught an UZJ100 coming from Switzerland, the uz were'nt imported in France.
i wanted it "stock" to prepare it myself, so i will need many helps and advices because not a lots of people know this vehicle in France :(:(
reading many posts on this forum, i think i will learn many many secrets !!! :):)
sorry for my english, i write like i think in my head but sometimes it'll be not really clear for you !:p:D

Just arrived in France :
grosuzj-suisse.jpg

And now :
grosuzj-ok1_2.jpg

Jack

Looks very good! Your english is easy to understand:
Let me know if you ever drive near Milan, I live there but I do nt have my 100 with me, my 100 resides in the States.

I live in Nice ! also have a 100 series back in Boston !

Welcome! I shudder to think of your fuel costs. Good-looking truck. Have you replaced the heater tees yet?

Looks very good! Your english is easy to understand:
Let me know if you ever drive near Milan, I live there but I do nt have my 100 with me, my 100 resides in the States.
Thanks
I don't go to Italy often but one case we never know it'll be a pleasure :cheers:

Welcome! I shudder to think of your fuel costs. Good-looking truck. Have you replaced the heater tees yet?
Thank's for the look, and for the fuel cots it's ok because i'm using E85 (bioethanol) it is really cheaper !! and i don't really undestand what you mean by "heater tees" if it is the plugs yes i did it they are iridium plugs.

Heater tees are a part of your cooling system. They are cheap and easy to change. Most people do not know they need to be changed. If they break your engine could quickly overheat. Here is a link to find out more.

DIY: Replacing heater hose pipe T's *important*

Welcome!
You should tell us a bit about the ethanol aspects. Did the engine need to be heavily modified to use the 85 ethanol? How?

Heater tees are a part of your cooling system. They are cheap and easy to change. Most people do not know they need to be changed. If they break your engine could quickly overheat. Here is a link to find out more.

Hy
Effectively I didn't know it too
Really thanks a lot for this information I will change them before to go to Marocco :) :beer:

Welcome!
You should tell us a bit about the ethanol aspects. Did the engine need to be heavily modified to use the 85 ethanol? How?

Hello
Thanks for the welcome
At the beginning I installed a special box for the ethanol
the main function of this box is normally to delay the ignition, the bio fuel being drier than the E98 but after many kilometers the engine was running on 5 or 6 cylinders it was the connections with the plugs which were bad quality so I decide to use directly E85
I discuss with a guy on the forum série 8 et 10 in France and he was driving full ethanol on its UZ. Son I tried 50/50 and now I am 10/90 because I prefer to wet a little bit the E85
It does 2 years and it's OK (I hope it will continue!) and it's better for the price E98 is 1,55 euros for one liter and the E85 is around 0,6 euros !

wow, 0.6e/l is so much less than the SP. Even with an extra 20% consumption that's still great. And I bet that the ethanol is more expensive to produce than gasoline. Probably way less taxes and maybe even subsidies...
(By E98, did you mean SP98 maybe?)

Hello
Thanks for the welcome
At the beginning I installed a special box for the ethanol
the main function of this box is normally to delay the ignition, the bio fuel being drier than the E98 but after many kilometers the engine was running on 5 or 6 cylinders it was the connections with the plugs which were bad quality so I decide to use directly E85
I discuss with a guy on the forum série 8 et 10 in France and he was driving full ethanol on its UZ. Son I tried 50/50 and now I am 10/90 because I prefer to wet a little bit the E85
It does 2 years and it's OK (I hope it will continue!) and it's better for the price E98 is 1,55 euros for one liter and the E85 is around 0,6 euros !

Bon jour and welcome!

wow, 0.6e/l is so much less than the SP. Even with an extra 20% consumption that's still great. And I bet that the ethanol is more expensive to produce than gasoline. Probably way less taxes and maybe even subsidies...
(By E98, did you mean SP98 maybe?)

yes, of course, i mean SP98, sorry !!:) and about the production, and didn't ask me the question hopping it will stay at this price for a long time !! :rofl:

Hello and welcome to the greatest LC/Lexus LX forum on the planet :)

I think I know your truck because I surfed the EU used car sites for over a year. I bought mine from Switzerland too, where the LC 100 is known as LC 500 and even carries this badge on the rear.

Enjoy:cheers:

Hello and welcome to the greatest LC/Lexus LX forum on the planet :)

I think I know your truck because I surfed the EU used car sites for over a year. I bought mine from Switzerland too, where the LC 100 is known as LC 500 and even carries this badge on the rear.

Enjoy:cheers:

Hy and thank's for the welcome !!
funny situation, and exactly for the name, LC500 :)
i baught mine in 2015 November, with the 500 logo :clap: and the seller is just near the garage of Marc Bandieri, that i know too :beer:
20151202_114627.jpg

Hello Ohthetrees

A really BIG THANK YOU for the advice about the heater trees, i follow your instructions and pictures to change them and i didn't finish to unscrew the hose neck that one tee broke in my hand !!!

i really was happy in my head because i didn't wait to change them !!

:):rofl::clap::clap::clap::cheers:

Felicitations! Very nice job on building your LC - est superb! We are visiting France this summer, but won't make it to Nice. We will visit Paris and Dijon, then head to the Cinque Terre. I don't expect to see any Land Cruisers lol.

Felicitations! Very nice job on building your LC - est superb! We are visiting France this summer, but won't make it to Nice. We will visit Paris and Dijon, then head to the Cinque Terre. I don't expect to see any Land Cruisers lol.

Thank's a lot for all !!

pity not to come to the south of France, it would have been nice to meet you for a few days but i'm sure it'll be a very good trip !

Enjoy a MAX :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom