Builds 86 4runner build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah, the 3rz ECU. I wanted to see the difference of the plug shapes/sizes to my California ECU

Here is the difference. I just wanted to verify which one you had because some certain configurations had the Cali computer outside of Cali

Screenshot_2018-02-11-13-24-06.png

I had a pic of the dash with the ECM still in the hole. Zoomed and cropped.

Thanks for posting the pic, now I know what the non cal looks like.
Moving on, I know you just did a lot of work on the exhaust manifold but the later model manifolds are a big improvement over the cast and prone to crack older ones. The newer OEM ones are basically a mini header and are a direct bolt it

OEM mini header install for 2.7L*(Pics)* - YotaTech Forums

oemheader2.jpg

Last edited:
Looks kinda like the Thorley header.

thorley taco header.jpg

this info is all over, and if you're doing this swap there are far better places to search, but for my own selfish reasons

Toyotapartsdeal.com was the best price I found, but toyotapartsoverstock was pretty close.

Trail gear has the complete kit for $299, which is within $10 either way of the OEM and may or may not be OEM parts.

Rear sump oil pan conversion parts for 2.7L 3RZ-FE
$80.24 12101-75060 Oil Pan, (T100 2wd 2.7L, 6 qts)
$50.46 15104-75020 Pickup Tube & Strainer, (T100 2wd 2.7L)
$13.97 11494-75010 Oil Hole Plate, (T100 2wd 2.7L)
$ 0.92 15147-75020 Oil Strainer Gasket, (T100 2wd 2.7L)
$ 8.68 15301-75020 Oil Gage (Dipstick), (T100 2wd 2.7L)
$ 9.21 11409-75020 Oil Gage Guide (Dipstick), (T100 2wd 2.7L)
$ 0.78 91651-60614 Bolts (Oil Hole plate), (4) Req'd
$ 8.95 00295-00103 FIPG (Form in Place Gasket material)

also got 10 flywheel bolts as they are torque to yield.

Last edited:
I looked at doing the two pans welded together thing, and might still if the T100 pan doesn't fit with stock IFS, but it's not at all straightforward. The 3rz has a longer pan and a bigger pickup tube. There are a number of places where the weld will be goofy.

That's a sweet ride, I'm jealous.

Got the engine in the bay to start setting up motor mounts. I'm picking up the 3rz bellhousing next weekend, so nothing permanent yet.
Started sorting wiring. Looks like it wont be too terribly hard.
media blasted and painted a bunch of brackets.
cleaned the block
stripped a bunch of parts off the 3rd gen to give to homies in Illinois.
The a****** who was supposed to split the truck with me backed out, then called back to try and buy the axle cheap. Nope, sorry. I'd rather give it away.

20180220_075520.jpg
Sorting wires today. A trainer from Toyota was at work today and hooked me up with access to TIS for the day. It's mostly the same diagrams as AllData, but there was a couple of things I didn't have. I'd really like a pinout of harness to harness connector II3. it's the connector that is engine harness to cowl harness but not to the ECU. Coolant temp, oil pressure, that kind of stuff. Between liveoaks diagrams, where that plug is labeled IK2, and the factory diagrams I think I have most of it sorted.

I'm having a serious case of déjà vu. My 2FE harness all sorted out.
cowlharness.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom