General Grabber AT2 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

OK so I have about 8K on them now since July last year and they performed well in all conditions EXCEPT mud.

It was pretty muddy early this spring in the fields and I found myself having to winch out twice, another reason to buy a pair of Maxtrax however I digress. They don't clean out great but will dig a hole if you want them too.

To be fair I hadn't aired down at all while running the fields, I run them at 45psi for DD. In the snow they're exceptional, on wet asphalt they're great too, in fact the only place I didn't feel comfortable with them was going up a 20 degree muddy grade and I mean all clay like mud, nothing at all solid to grab onto. I'm not sure if a MT would have made any difference either and I know I'd hate the howl on the big road.

I'd still buy them again and probably will, unless I decide to go with recentered HMMWV wheels and 37's, they're wearing like iron and I'll get at least another 40K out of them so I probably wont have to revisit this until sometime in 2020.

I am at 15,000 miles on mine over the last year and I couldn't be happier. Quiet on the road, superb in the snow and wet, and they grip really well on every condition. I actually have done some mud in mine and they were better than I thought they would be.

But rocks... Buddy, if there is a rock within 8 feet of these things, they pick them up and fling them.

They do love to suck up rocks for sure! Anything quarter size and smaller they're like a vacuum.

IMG_0011.JPG
IMG_0012.JPG
IMG_0013.JPG
IMG_0010.JPG
So I have about 30,000 miles on the grabbers.

The past month have done about 35 miles of CO trail.

They have a hard time balance per my Toyota mechanic that they are not round.

Here is what they look like:

I've got about 10k on mine, 99% pavement. They seem to be wearing well overall, have pretty good grip in the rain (as much as you need at 55mph). Did have some occasional rocky forest service roads awhile back but nothing recent.
I have noticed some slight vibration at highway speed. Haven't taken them back in to be rebalanced but I've noticed it.
I'm satisfied with them overall, definitely think they're a solid tire for what I've done with them. Curious though, the latest Outdoor X4 issue has an update on the BFG KO2'S. Author is expecting about 80k out of his, which may make up for the cost if they actually last that long with minimal degradation to performance.

ive had these rotated 4 times now. I love the way the ride. The seem to have worn well. I would like to get another year and a half out of them and Il be happy.

Little Update, I have about 36k miles on these. There have been a few times when going around corners that I have skidded or slid a little bit. I did not think I was going to fast but it scared me enough to try new tires when these are done. They have served me well for 3 years and driven me MO to MS, to AL to CO to Moab and have gotten me through every obstacle. For the $, they were worth it to me. They do have a good deal of chunking and I am not one to just sit and spin tires on rocks.

They have worn well, according to my tire guys they have been a pain to keep balanced. I am seriously looking at replacing them with Falken ATW3 or cooper ST Maxx. I really want to change to an 18in wheel to run 305 65 18s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom