Meet Beast. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

No comments on the reto front bumper hack yet, y'all are slipping! Welcome to the.........Addiction!

Believe me there are some great looking "linered" rigs out there but when someone goes with something that looks like a store bought rattle can then it gets real hard to actually think it looks good. Think everyone can agree yours fell under the latter, but looks great now! Keep at it, MEK is a great remover (or airplane stripper if you can find it) but be VERY CAREFUL with either of those as they are nasty nasty stuff.
thank you. I have to look what’s available in California I have had problems getting good thinners here in the past due to some of the states rules.

thank you. I have to look what’s available in California I have had problems getting good thinners here in the past due to some of the states rules.
Usually MEK can be purchased from either an auto paint shop or from HomeDepot/Lowes. The airplane stripper is something different as I believe that is a more specialized chemical. Definitely get a P95 style filtration mask to work with the stuff, your lungs will thank you. And DEFINITELY do not use either in a closed garage or anything. When I worked at a truck accessories place we had to have ALL the bays open when we were using the MEK to remove/soften the bedliner that had just been sprayed.

Usually MEK can be purchased from either an auto paint shop or from HomeDepot/Lowes. The airplane stripper is something different as I believe that is a more specialized chemical. Definitely get a P95 style filtration mask to work with the stuff, your lungs will thank you. And DEFINITELY do not use either in a closed garage or anything. When I worked at a truck accessories place we had to have ALL the bays open when we were using the MEK to remove/soften the bedliner that had just been sprayed.
then thank goodness I have about 98% of it off!!

So not much lately, installed a washer reservoir and pump, pump doesn’t work. So I’ve started looking for that. Anyone have any luck finding one? Or the autozone replacement? I found out my OEM electric antenna motor works, so I ordered a new mast from Toyota. Yay! I also changed my mirrors back to the OEM 60 mirrors. And finally got both of my shipments in from cruiser corps! hopefully this weekend I can get back into the cruiser! Now all I need is springs and seats!!!!!! And paint... and... and......

B31F07B4-653B-4484-8CC6-3D12EE7B66E5.jpeg

845475B9-FA97-46FA-837D-455853F5EA37.jpeg

606F4868-25F1-414E-9824-C9000DAB3F80.jpeg

Well, a few new things. I got the electric antenna to work!! Got a new mast for it and checked the motor. Works 5.0! Now Ive just finished the first of two birfield joints... I’ve learned so much!!!

BDFA9571-85A3-43B9-8F2C-3578C7F465EB.jpeg

83DC5E03-F3F6-4D41-9208-063237CA58AB.jpeg

4D91DDFF-4719-41AF-B7F1-0B6AC33C0567.jpeg

94895CF5-9F42-4D26-925D-CE582589248D.jpeg

9C60BF04-A6B6-4F98-85FC-8FF10F6F67EB.jpeg

Well it’s been awhile, but I sold my triumph. So now I have money!! Paid off beast and bought some OME 2” suspension to replace the crappy spring over axle conversion that’s on it. Then I have a rear heater coming, and new seats (brown.. but I’m not complaining!!), got a new muffler mount....and the best part,my buddy got new/used tires for his beater Toyota..... their OEM fj60 rims complete with old style rear hub caps!!... traded!!!

7372F363-D5D9-453A-BAEE-CE7BB5E240F5.jpeg

B68A4803-C679-4380-A474-8660081AAF3D.jpeg

53852A7A-CF0C-4D13-AFF0-7AC65880A8C6.jpeg

ABD2A01D-10C8-4B51-83E4-0A87A4838573.jpeg

I feel for you in stripping the bed liner off. I have no idea why anyone would put it on a vehicle to begin with. It sucks.

I have that airplane stripper stuff and used it on a car once. Nasty stuff, but works wonders. I will also try it on the bed liner.
My hood was not scraping off and I ended up sanding it off with a very coarse paper.

I am very happy yours is scraping off. That is a huge thing.

It wasn’t prepared properly, so for the most part it came right off. It is a bit harder on the hood. Crispier.

New rear heater that has a lever that actually moves!! (Sorry for the dark pic, my light was dieing)

D3CE5BD8-1EE3-432E-8397-BD3C5DD27322.jpeg

Great work ! I love seeing this cruiser saved, did you clean and paint the lockouts or are those new? They look great. Did you put a aftermarket washer reservoir in or a factory? Just thinking what pump you need .

I cleaned and painted the hubs myself and regreased everything! Thank you. It took a bit, but I’m really happy with it. It’s an OEM washer reservoir. Ya, if you know anyone getting rid of parts, anything helps! I want to get as close as I can to beasts former glory.

It’s finaly all here, thanks to valley hybrid!!!! Now to find time! (And a big enough jack....)

89FFEE5C-B1E4-4F69-AA58-58C25BD1ECED.jpeg

It’s finaly all here, thanks to valley hybrid!!!! Now to find time! (And a big enough jack....)

View attachment 1670362
Great work bringing this 60 back. Curious if you’re gonna need new axel housings or be welding stock perches back on yours? Generally a SOA setup no longer has the stock perches. My son experienced this and found it was easier to sell his SOA’s via mud and then sourced some stock axles. Also, do you know if the front was cut and turned? Good luck and look forward to seeing your progress. Jim

@CenTXFJ60 notning was cut, just has plates welded on the front. I’ll take pictures as soon as I can. The rear just has the plates swapped. It’s really a mess it doesn’t look like a kit was used.... just hodgepodged.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom