Anyone still making front recovery points in the US? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I thought I remembered closer to $130 (US).

Have they gone up that much, has the US $ weakened that much, or are you confusing AU$ with US$?

reevsci's units are probably a better deal, but the Roadsafe units actually fit inside the ARB box without modification

70eXVCOl.jpg

vs
img_20170125_164059-jpg.1389289

To be fair, this is what they look like now. Plus, @reevesci offered to send me a spacer which would have resolved the issue 100%.
IMG_20170127_180634.jpg

The reason I took the approach I did was to conserve as much clearance as possible. That's the sole reason I didn't get the Australian ones.

Bad photo, but it's dark. The point is completely Incorporated into the ARB now.

Reactions: jLB
I would really like a set of these tow points from TT that will accomodate the ARB bumper with no cutting.

What size and type bolts are needed to install them correctly? Would like to order but need this info first. Any torque recommendations?

To be fair, this is what they look like now. Plus, @reevesci offered to send me a spacer which would have resolved the issue 100%.
View attachment 1390607

The reason I took the approach I did was to conserve as much clearance as possible. That's the sole reason I didn't get the Australian ones.
Bad photo, but it's dark. The point is completely Incorporated into the ARB now.

I made a set of spacers for @FullyLitLED and sounds like they worked with the ARB. Hoping to see pics.

As far as bolts the OEM bolt, it is a M14 x 1.5 x 50. I prefer a grade 10.8 to a 12.9, but to each their own.

J

Shipping is $75 AUD to Florida. That adds it all up to $210 AUD. That is $158 USD.... OK, so not quite $175, but I'd rather keep my money near home. Had a bad experience with another Australian vendor and a pain getting my money back. .

Ouch! That's a 50% increase in shipping cost, over what it cost me AU --> TX about a year ago. Total order was $196 (AU), but at the exchange rates at the time, that was $130 (US). I grumbled a bit about the shipping cost, but it did arrive in 4 days.

View attachment 1390607

Nice work!

I made a set of spacers for @FullyLitLED and sounds like they worked with the ARB. Hoping to see pics.

As far as bolts the OEM bolt, it is a M14 x 1.5 x 50. I prefer a grade 10.8 to a 12.9, but to each their own.

J

I don't have the truck with me at the moment, I'll get some pics over the weekend

I would be interested in the recovery points with spacers for the ARB as well. Any concerns that the spacers might decrease the strength by increasing leverage? (Full disclosure: I am not an engineer and this may not be a legitimate concern. Just a thought.)

Ordered a set!

Just ordered a pair from TrailTailor. Look very solid. Website worked fine. Thanks @reevesci

I just ordered a set of the discontinued ones for my 100. I'm assuming the oem bolts will work and are the same strength as the ones on the trail tailor mart website since they are oem spec...

Can I use the OEM bolts? Or it cannot be used for recovery?
OEM bolts are ok for strength but too long for thinner aftermarket recovery points. The original tow points are cast, thicker, but weaker. The stock bolts have an unthreaded portion close to the head that prevents them from tightening all the way down on to the stronger bent steel recovery points. These 50mm bolts are fully threaded.

I have a few sets of the OLD powder coated mounts remaining. These are the OLD model and the powder is not optimal for resale as powder coated. So I took them down to the old bare metal price.

The new mounts are mill radiused for use with steel or soft shackles. Also I made a run of the ARB spacers. Andrea will have the spacers up in the next day or two.

Soft Shackle Tow Points - 60 80 100 Series

Jason

IMG_20180130_143528795.jpg
IMG_20180130_143608845.jpg
IMG_20180122_144624789.jpg
IMG_20180215_140119572.jpg

Boltdepot.com is where I got my 10.9 50mm bolts & washers. Perfect length for Trail Tailor's points on the front:

Thanks @Ayune, I priced the same bolts out at Fastenal since there’s a store close by. Nearly 4x the cost!

I have a few sets of the OLD powder coated mounts remaining. These are the OLD model and the powder is not optimal for resale as powder coated. So I took them down to the old bare metal price.

The new mounts are mill radiused for use with steel or soft shackles. Also I made a run of the ARB spacers. Andrea will have the spacers up in the next day or two.

Soft Shackle Tow Points - 60 80 100 Series

Jason

View attachment 1636653 View attachment 1636654 View attachment 1636655 View attachment 1636656

Hey Jason.

How much are the Spacers?

I did an order a couple of weeks ago and did not got a spacer.

Thanks!

Ask Jason. My recovery points were made from 1/2" angle (might have been .625") and the 50mm length bolts with flat washers were perfect for 80/100 Series.

DSC_6214.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom