Builds Trail Tailor- Custom Armor Build plus a few things (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'll be heading your way as soon as I get my 4.88's broken in.....and that is going slower than I expected.
Doesn't help when you work from home:)) I'm going to set up a time every day when I go drive 50 or 75 miles.
This "breakin in" stuff is cramping my style. I'll keep in touch vie e mail of pm and make sure what is up on your end.
J

I'll be heading your way as soon as I get my 4.88's broken in.....and that is going slower than I expected.
Doesn't help when you work from home:)) I'm going to set up a time every day when I go drive 50 or 75 miles.
This "breakin in" stuff is cramping my style. I'll keep in touch vie e mail of pm and make sure what is up on your end.
J

Once I get Tony's rig finished up we are taking some time off to catch up on personal things. This will be approx. March 20- April 1. Then I'll be back to biz as usual.

J

Not as much done today as I wanted. Spent a few hours at the eye doctor. Life of a welder to get metal in the eye.. But all is good and now know the new DOC... We'll become to know each other well... o_O

Got the sensor retainer matched up... all fit up perfect.

The rear quarter wing is drawn and in CAD so I'll get one set cut and bent for fitting tomorrow.

J

IMG_20180219_114647201.jpg
IMG_20180219_114720543.jpg

Nothing more on bumpers but more drawing on my side.... Back to the doctor to remove more metal and then the landlord called and said his demo guy was ready to start tearing out the wall today.. Andrea met him to let him in and when I got there this afternoon it looks like this... Said he'd be finished tomorrow afternoon.

IMG_20180220_165825956.jpg

IMG_20180220_165700438.jpg

Once I get Tony's rig finished up we are taking some time off to catch up on personal things. This will be approx. March 20- April 1. Then I'll be back to biz as usual.

J

Sounds good Jason. That timing might work pretty well for me...... Getting my rig there early April. But I'll message you to discuss work out our plan.

A little tack up and more progress. Quarter wing was raised 1.5" on the tire side (front). Overall this will be almost a 2.5" clearance gain at the tire. Corners are dialed in. Tomorrow the quarter wing under pan will be designed and then the complete assy will be good to go.

J

IMG_20180223_083027109.jpg
IMG_20180223_113348156.jpg
IMG_20180223_113402364.jpg
IMG_20180223_113415374.jpg
IMG_20180223_131733642.jpg

That clearance increase behind the tire is going to make a huge difference. Stoked.

This is were the original prototype that was used hard comes in handy and shows all the tattletale signs. I know you came off a 2' shelf that bent the bottom wing. So the wings are increased to .188" vs .134" and also getting a under pan from the wing all the way to the frame. A couple other spots that the under pan will eliminate as well.

J

Looks like I’m going to be happy I waited to get a rear bumper.

Thanks, I should be close tomorrow for good look at it.

Pretty stoked about these bumpers. I just hope I get in on the production run.

PMd you, I still have (3) remaining on this batch.

Jason

If you work something out with Jason, he can possibly toss yours in the cargo of mine when I bring my 200 back over to utah. The only thing my cargo area should be the 2nd jerry/grill/storage tray so it'll be open. Just a thought. If not, no big deal.

If time allows that would be about a 300$ shipping savings for him.

@reevesci your work looks really good. I'm a new owner about 2 hours south of you. When should I contact you in earnest if I want goodies for next summer? (2019 - this summer is probably too short notice.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom