mobile app parasite? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I cannot open mud on my iPhone 6 without a parasitic window announcing I won $1000 Amazon bucks popping up over everything. It has a close window button, but I am not stupid enough to use it. I have just closed the browser and stopped trying to access on my phone. I do not get this on any other websites I happed to view on my phone, just mud. is this because I am not paying the Apple Mafia its $.99/month "protection" fee for their cloud backup? or is it something il Woodrow needs to dig out of The Matrix with a bowie knife? Thanks!

Maybe you won $1000 Amazon bucks?

Wish I had an easy answer...mobile is THE target for spammers/scammers and rogue ads. They target selectively....ie: Iphone6 on Verizon network in south Texas from 7am until 7:30am. Then they stop and switch to Android phones using Chrome on TMobile 4G only in western Montana from 7:45 until 8:05. All this while using aosiurttt.biz or aosizrttt.biz or aositrttt.biz etc to push the garbage out (ie: dozens of different domains)

There are constant efforts by networks to battle this garbage...I (obviously) monitor it constantly....the new ads.txt initiative is supposed to help. Some additional tools have come up recently to battle it. Seems every time a solution works, a new scammer system develops.

A screenshot of your browser history should show the network and possibly the 2-3 redirects that were used to cause the issue you see. I can add those to the growing list of blocked domains. Occasionally, I can also determine the specific ad network involved and block them as well.

I'm on a SLACK group that updates this stuff regularly, anything they post I include in my block list. But it's never enough.

I thank you for your efforts! you know, the one thing I actually never considered, was that I won $1000 amazom bux...:lol:

Here is what I keep getting.

668977C3-030D-4BF2-964E-357AD57E2A3B.png

60124333-BC23-402B-AB83-03EE1FC52FC6.png

D30F10F9-2186-41E1-83D5-DAA921B399C2.png

FA68904F-739F-4ED0-BC62-328FC7426539.png

I get a few of these exact popups every once and awhile and just close all and start over. As far as I know you'll never stop them, but I hope some day you truly can cause I'm over this crap. Thanks for your efforts.

I made some ad call adjustments early last week that have stopped them for me...unsure if it is THE solution, but so far so good (now, I'll promptly get one....just watch...lol)

I get these constantly.... Same as above.

Still researching and adjusting....daily.... NO ONE has a guaranteed answer...but still looking

Still researching and adjusting....daily.... NO ONE has a guaranteed answer...but still looking

For the first time in a week or so it appears ok. If you just did something, it may have worked.

Thanks!

Time will tell....but dont hold your breath :)

And, DO bitch if it returns

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom