New 100 Owner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello there!

I recently purchased a 1999 Land Cruiser. I'm new to the off-roading community, and I have been wanting something better to get around in the snow with.

My 100 has minimal rust, mostly a few spots at the top of the windshield which I plan on addressing. It has 282k miles, and desperately needs the timing belt done (last done at 160k).

When purchased, it had a power steering fluid leak which ended up being the steering rack. It also sounded like godzilla coming down the street due to a bad radiator fan clutch. I've had both of those fixed as well as some fresh Mobil 1 synthetic 5W-30 put in.

I've made a few mods so far. OME Medium Nitrocharger sport shocks. I picked up a set of 4 LX470 06 / 07 wheels for $200 and put some new 275/65/R18 BFG KO2 ATs on. These two changes really firmed up the ride. The highway is nice and quiet but in town I'm really feeling those small bumps. Not sure how much of a difference it would make to up them to 70s.
I've also replaced the hood lift supports, and put in that extremely necessary phone holder where the AHC is on the LX.

FjELuKw.jpg

When I got it.
9r5L2O6.jpg

eDpuqDs.jpg

Wheels / shocks on.
kfnbckT.jpg

caTnjfo.jpg

IApNv4H.jpg

VmWmYPB.jpg

ALu8zl7.jpg

by8173h.jpg

qLMWyxp.jpg

Bc4BVRT.jpg

cG2lC0Y.jpg

JQEUrSX.jpg

JJp5ssA.jpg

ka9D2zH.jpg

Aaaaand my gas saver. :p 2011 Lexus HS250H

Last edited:
Nice looking truck, the wheels and tires are great!
Welcome!

Check your heater t's.

I'm diggin' the hybrid too.

Those shocks you chose are notoriously stiff. Too stiff in my opinion. Others will disagree, and swear by them. Changing tires will make only a small difference. You might try airing down a little bit. But really not much to do other than change shocks or live with it. I test drove a friend’s 100 with those shocks, and decided to go a different direction. Ended up with Ironman foam pros. Welcome and good luck! Also, change your heater tees ASAP.

Congrats on the new rig. I love my ‘99. Yours also has the “happy switch”...

678DA72C-D32C-4DD1-B76C-AF00E316BB7B.png

Those shocks you chose are notoriously stiff. Too stiff in my opinion. Others will disagree, and swear by them. Changing tires will make only a small difference. You might try airing down a little bit. But really not much to do other than change shocks or live with it. I test drove a friend’s 100 with those shocks, and decided to go a different direction. Ended up with Ironman foam pros. Welcome and good luck! Also, change your heater tees ASAP.

Its unfortunate that I made all 3 changes (Tires, rim size, shocks) within 20 miles on the clock of each other. So I really couldn't tell which change made such a big difference on small bumps. I was honestly assuming it was the tires more than the shocks. I can tell in the corners that it is much more planted and has very minimal body roll, though the ride reminds me more of a jeep at this point. Kinda bouncy. I only have a few hundred miles on this setup as well. Maybe it'll break in?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom