Removing Wheel Locks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I am 99% sure I left the wheel key on the truck when I put the wheels on yesterday. I've traced my steps and can't find it anywhere along the road.

Anyways - were all 100's shipped with the same key or are there multiple types? I've emailed Onur to see about getting a set of 4 OEM nuts to replace them with but I'm worried about getting them off. The "hammer a socket on" method seems like it could work but I'm worried about mucking up the wheels when I do that.

Anyone in Nashville area have one I could borrow for an afternoon?

Thanks,
Phil

2018-02-18%2008.47.18.jpg

It will be hit and miss if anyone in your area will have proper key.

Toyota & Lexus Dealers have a kit of keys, if you can wait until they open. Most will let you use at their location for free.

You'll not damage wheels if you pound a socket onto lug, if careful. But socket will be trashed, and may need new one for each lug.

Parts store's, HF have kits of hard steel extractors, can be reused. Better investment than wasting multiple sockets.

No damage to wheel. Get a cheap HF or Autozone socket. Agreed that 12 point works better. After each use, insert a small punch/brass drift through the opening in the socket and you can push out the lug nut, then repeat. Don't bother replacing them. Get 4 non locking lug nuts. No one is going to steal your 12 year old 17'' wheels.

I checked my stash... does it look the same? If so, it can be yours for the cost of postage. I believe there are multiple types but I'm not sure how many different keys were made.

IMG_3146.jpg

Thanks all. @hoser I might take you up on that. Monday I'm going to try and run over to the local Toyota place and see if they will sell me 4 standard nuts and then just remove the keyed ones for me.

If that turns out to be a pain I may take you up... that looks pretty close to mine. Thanks!!

Any decent tire store will have the hardened steel removal tool (not the key, the removal tool). As long as you have some replacement lug nuts....you can have the anti-theft ones removed just about anyplace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom