6 1/2" speakers in doors and subwoofer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

workingdog

GOLD Star
Threads
So, not rocket science, but it shows all the intermediate steps and parts.

The subwoofer amp was a Kicker Amp

Kicker 43CXA300.1

With install kit - which was great.

Crutchfield CK8

The subwoofer was a Bazooka I've had for a long time

The door speakers were Rockfor Fosgate

Rockford Fosgate Power T1650-S

The spacers were

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ITN4IR6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The spacers had the exact outside diameter of the speakers and were thick enough to clear the window regulator.

Also installed Yeasu quad band Ham at the same time.

Kicker amp and Ham installed under passenger seat. Separate runs all the way to the batter for each. Power and ground or the Ham, just power for the Amp.

IMG_3401.JPG

Remote head installed on ram already screw mounted to dash.
Bazooka installed to read quarter with footman loops and webbing.

IMG_3397.JPG

IMG_3398.JPG

IMG_3402.JPG

Test fit of door speakers. These speakers are separates, so there's a tweeter up high on the door. The ring does not mount any where near flat. It took some maneuvering to get it in the right orientation, but it does sit level without any other support. The back of the speaker fit easily through the ring and existing hole in door.

IMG_3403.JPG

IMG_3404.JPG

IMG_3405.JPG

IMG_3406.JPG

IMG_3407.JPG

You can mount the ring under the door card, I choose to mount it over the door card and exposed. I think it looks fine.

IMG_3408.JPG

IMG_3409.JPG

Sounds infinitely superior to the 5 1/4's that were in the door. The subwoofer makes all the difference in the world. It doesn't matter that it's mounted back in the quarter panel, it's as effective as if it's right behind the front seat. The Kicker amp has a bunch of adjustments, and even at average levels, it's almost too much base - which is quite a change.

The head unit is a Jensen Heavy duty. It's expensive for what it is, but at least it doesn't have any flashing lights, the Bluetooth is good, and it has a relatively large, turnable knob for volume.

My only regret is that it's now a much more complicated process to remove the door card. I wish I had had some Dynamat so I could have coated the inside of the driver's door before I buttoned it up.

Looks good, new speakers and sub are in my list to do. Did you have to cut a bigger hole in the door card? Mine still have stock square speaker grills and just not really wanting cut the cards anymore after pulling the factory grills.

Did you mount crossover in the door? You may put it in a plastic bag if so, I thing these door tend to leak.

Can you post a pic of your wiring from door jamb to door?

Yes, had to cut the door card. I used a battery jig saw and it worked great except on the carpet part.

Yes, The crossover was mounted down low in the forward corner. I ran one screw to mount it to the inside of the door.

I can't post a picture without takiong it out of the door. The two wire pig tail connecting to the stock speaker goes into Tweat In on the crossover. The speakers are wired normally from Woof and Tweet Out on the crossover to the 6 1/2 and tweeter respectively. .

I did the same 6.5” in the front doors driven by this little motor cycle amp by Kenwood. It fits inside the dash behind the radio.

Kenwood KAC-M1804

More than enough for this truck and I put dynamat in all the doors.

I also put this under the back seat and left it loose.
Kenwood KSC-SW11

It fits nicer with the seat up and I can even fold the seat completely down and lock it. Sound stops being noticeable but no big deal.

I wanted no electronics to be mounted lower than the radio inside the vehicle.

Yes, had to cut the door card. I used a battery jig saw and it worked great except on the carpet part.

Yes, The crossover was mounted down low in the forward corner. I ran one screw to mount it to the inside of the door.

I can't post a picture without takiong it out of the door. The two wire pig tail connecting to the stock speaker goes into Tweat In on the crossover. The speakers are wired normally from Woof and Tweet Out on the crossover to the 6 1/2 and tweeter respectively. .

I just meant the wiring from the door jamb (frame) to the door, but sounds like you kept it factory, so all good.

Yes, all factory, just need the factory stereo wires.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom