Help with 1969 FJ40 Master Cylinder Rebuild (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Everyone- can someone please point me in the right direction:
I am rebuilding a 1969 clutch master cylinder , have the kit for SOR. When I took apart the cylinder, I don’t have nearly all the pieces that are in the kit. Does anyone have a diagram of the 1969 cylinder? Below is a pic of the cylinder in my FJ40:

77DACF3B-84DA-4140-9D68-DACBF41E1D82.png

Hi Everyone- can someone please point me in the right direction:
I am rebuilding a 1969 clutch master cylinder , have the kit for SOR. When I took apart the cylinder, I don’t have nearly all the pieces that are in the kit. Does anyone have a diagram of the 1969 cylinder? Below is a pic of the cylinder in my FJ40:

View attachment 1635874

This " Ain'T " NO Cheezy SOR reprint either ................:eek:

DSCN5780.JPG
DSCN5781.JPG
DSCN5782.JPG
DSCN5784.JPG
DSCN5785.JPG

Your welcome ;)

I knew that was a 1969 copyright date book so the shoe fit , and YES SOR's kits are a one size fits all kinda thing , they do contain
extra parts for later / earlier year applications ............fyi

Matt,
I’m rebuilding mine now and can’t figure out how parts 6,7,8 go together. Any tips?

#6 is a snap ring that retains #7 , #7 is like a flat dish or plate that is staked or welded to the round shaft #4

i hope that makes sense ?

let me know if that helps :)

#6 is a snap ring that retains #7 , #7 is like a flat dish or plate that is staked or welded to the round shaft #4

i hope that makes sense ?

let me know if that helps :)
I’ll let you know

Does the ring go on number 4 ?

image.jpg

Everything else is together, I forgot how to attach the the pieces.

image.jpg

I’ll let you know

your gonna have to compress the piston inside the cylinder , to allow u the freedom of movement and space to work , that will allow

u to install the snap ring in its recessed groove location

good luck

your gonna have to compress the piston inside the cylinder , to allow u the freedom of movement and space to work , that will allow

u to install the snap ring in its recessed groove location

good luck
????

image.jpg

how did it come apart ?
That’s my problem, I didn’t take pics. With #7 where it is there no compression. I’ll probably punt and order a new one. Lol

well if theres no compression , that might suggest that #7 goes on the shaft first , then gets retained by snap ring to hold it in place

well if theres no compression , that might suggest that #7 goes on the shaft first , then gets retained by snap ring to hold it in place
I’ll try that tomorrow, I’m too frustrated now. I don’t even have the old snap ring and don’t remember seeing it. Thank you very much for the help. There has to be a logical way for the two parts to connect, I’m just too tired.
Thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom