FJ80 "TRD Off Road" Rear Quarter Panel Decals (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If you want to spend money on an item that serves zero functional purpose then go for it. Id include myself in the more traditional crowd on mud that would personally never do that but to each their own.

P.S. heard they add 15HP per sticker

Stick it on. Find a tree. Bash in the quarter panel on said tree. If it lasts, GTG. :flipoff2:

If you want to spend money on an item that serves zero functional purpose then go for it. Id include myself in the more traditional crowd on mud that would personally never do that but to each their own.

P.S. heard they add 15HP per sticker

Horsepower is for drifters. How much torque does it add?

Edit: @GA Trevor - How do you like your IPOR skid plate? I just ordered mine from Iron Pig yesterday.

Stick it on. Find a tree. Bash in the quarter panel on said tree. If it lasts, GTG. :flipoff2:

Or, cut out the middle man - *Places TRD sticker directly on tree*

Last edited:
IMO, here's the best one for the rear quarter panel!

IMG_4701.jpg

Wasn't the supercharger a TRD item? If you don't have that, you shouldn't have a TRD badge, IMO. At a minimum, get some TRD wheels.

I also think TuRD, but that doesn't stop me from using the nice stainless and carbon fiber keychain I bought at the Toyota MegaWeb showroom.

I think we're conflating the TRD performance division of Toyota, and the TRD Off Road package from Toyota. TRD performance offers all kinds of aftermarket accessories and performance items like: exhaust, wheels, short throw shifters, brakes, air intakes, and styling components. Those items are typically installed at the dealer, or by the owner. I think the supercharger falls under the TRD performance umbrella.

The TRD Off Road package, however, was offered directly from Toyota off the assembly line. It showed up at the dealer with the package. So if you ordered a Tacoma with the TRD Off Road package, it would show up to the dealer with upgraded springs, Bilstein shocks, and the locking rear diff.

I disagree that there is a barrier-to-entry for installing a TRD Off Road sticker unless you have other TRD performance components. The major factor I consider that makes the TRD Off Road package legitimate is off road prowess - Does it have an upgraded suspension and a locking rear diff? In my case the answer is "Yes, and then some." Not only does my truck have an upgraded suspension (albeit, not Bilsteins), it has both a rear and a front locking diff.

I think we're splitting hairs here. But I appreciate the feedback either way!!!

On a different note, does anyone offer a Bilstein lift kit for the FZJ80? What springs does it use?

Regardless of TRD history, I have never seen, heard, known about TRD package for the FJ80 or FZJ80. So reality is it just a sticker. I could put the screaming eagle on my 80 as well.

Regardless of TRD history, I have never seen, heard, known about TRD package for the FJ80 or FZJ80. So reality is it just a sticker. I could put the screaming eagle on my 80 as well.

**** yeah!!!

51036422-vector-cartoon-clip-art-illustration-of-a-mean-screaming-bald-eagle-flying-toward-the-viewer-with-wi.jpg

@Aloha Jen is a flat biller! Does she have one?!?!
I wouldn’t say I’m exclusively a flat biller, but I have a couple in the rotation. Plus, they look better on girls in my opinion.
AA7C2BBA-C8D8-4A3C-8B82-E8956CAB3D86.jpeg

EF5D9CA0-E10E-4EE3-AA79-6541B4EAB789.jpeg

DB9AA559-0713-4917-8F94-A81309078CDB.jpeg

ADDE7441-38D4-438B-97E4-CB34DC167A11.jpeg

I thought maybe the first girl was one of your friends before I scrolled down and saw the stock photos. I was about to say, "oh **** this I am out of here, Jen please introduce me to your single friends." lol.
Great minds think alike, I said almost the exact same thing. Who am I kidding though? All those girls are at least 20 years younger than I am and more than likely well out of my league these days. Nothing wrong with window shopping though... :grinpimp:

When I bought my rig in 2010 it had those TRD stickers and some neat looking artsy decals on it. I proceeded to wheel the crap out of it in the puckerbrush and cactus until they were so torn up I had to take the rest of it off. Don’t really miss it at all!

I am fine with the OE "4500 dual cam" (or whatever it says, was the 1FZ sticker).

But all the TRD stickers just seem :rainbow: .

My Tundra had those wonky-a$$ ROCK WARRIOR ones, they were 86'ed long ago.

Now, if you could stamp it into the metal like a Tundra box / gate - then you got something!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom