What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (48 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Spring bushings were slightly overdue for a change. Along with leaf packs fresher than mine, new OEM shocks, got an inch lift and a vastly improved ride.
full

Did a full CLR deep clean last week and then did a boiled linseed oil rub

The difference is remarkable. Tons of work but the old Goat has a nice protective coat on it now

C05AC301-6423-4559-8F58-B85CECAA3855.jpeg

Note to self. Mask off the gutter before spraying guide coat. The guide coat over spray is not a joy to remove from gutter:)

What's the trick to dealing with the rivet heads? Will be doing mine sometime this year (I hope).

My gutter channel is in excellent condition so I left it. I believe emac has been in some rivet discussion’s. Perhaps search “posted by: emac” search term “rivet” or “rivet tool”

Another good way to find mud threads is search from google.
Example:
“rivet gutter site:ih8mud.com” if you change out your keywords you’ll get different results. For instance you could also add these words into the mix (buck, squeeze, sealer, cap, channel)
:cheers:

Did a full CLR deep clean last week and then did a boiled linseed oil rub

The difference is remarkable. Tons of work but the old Goat has a nice protective coat on it now

View attachment 1635249

In all my years of woodworking (57 years) I have never heard of using BLO on metal. Can't see that it would last since it can't be absorbed into the finish.

In all my years of woodworking (57 years) I have never heard of using BLO on metal. Can't see that it would last since it can't be absorbed into the finish.

I think it’s a new “fad” with the Patina vehicles. It’s not supposed to last forever, I’ll have to revive it after some time. The guys I was reading on the interwebs were saying 3-4 months if you leave it in The elements

I think it’s a new “fad” with the Patina vehicles. It’s not supposed to last forever, I’ll have to revive it after some time. The guys I was reading on the interwebs were saying 3-4 months if you leave it in The elements
You might want to look for Owatrol oil.

Note to self. Mask off the gutter before spraying guide coat. The guide coat over spray is not a joy to remove from gutter:)

My gutter channel is in excellent condition so I left it. I believe emac has been in some rivet discussion’s. Perhaps search “posted by: emac” search term “rivet” or “rivet tool”

Another good way to find mud threads is search from google.
Example:
“rivet gutter site:ih8mud.com” if you change out your keywords you’ll get different results. For instance you could also add these words into the mix (buck, squeeze, sealer, cap, channel)
:cheers:
Also,
I think you're putting on the guide coat pretty thick. All you need to do is lightly mist it on there. Check out this thread for some photos...

Car Primers and Guide Coat Flatting

Honed down the intake and exhaust manifold so that I wouldn't be killing
myself with carbon monoxide passing by the poor seal. When you do this
be sure and marry the manifolds together with the final bolts/seals and
then surface it. You'll get a tight final seal.
IMG_2520.jpg

Dressed of my steering wheel. The wheel was cracked when I got it 30 years ago and slowly got worse over time. I had wrapped it some years ago with a plastic cover that you can fuzzily see on the floor but that was pretty tore up too.
IMG_0546.JPG

I patched it with some epoxy and sanded it down. Sprayed some black vinyl paint on it then stitched it in black leather.
IMG_0548.JPG
IMG_0646.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom