New to Cruisers... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello new to the Cruiser world... but have had Toyota mini trucks since early 80's.
Looking for parts for my projects.. Need hood, fenders and windshield for a 70 series and a tailgate for a 1978 FJ45.
Thanks,
Steve

Hi 70 series windshields are available at glass shops as they were sold in Canada. Use
'84-'86 BJ70 in your search.
For just a tailgate for the FJ45, unless you demand steel Land Cruiser

For the JDM, I have ordered from www.megazip.net
also, www.amayama.com
Amayama tends to be a bit cheaper. I've used Megazip with very positive results. All prices in USD, of course...

Out here on the west coast there is www.extremebends.com
The owner is Steve Tetu and knows lots, has lots of experience and can help you
stay in Canada as far as costs and prices.

BTW, I like that FJ45 cause convertibles are cool all year around!! J

Hi 70 series windshields are available at glass shops as they were sold in Canada. Use
'84-'86 BJ70 in your search.
For just a tailgate for the FJ45, unless you demand steel Land Cruiser

For the JDM, I have ordered from www.megazip.net
also, www.amayama.com
Amayama tends to be a bit cheaper. I've used Megazip with very positive results. All prices in USD, of course...

Out here on the west coast there is www.extremebends.com
The owner is Steve Tetu and knows lots, has lots of experience and can help you
stay in Canada as far as costs and prices.

BTW, I like that FJ45 cause convertibles are cool all year around!! J

Thank you very much for the reply..the 79's the roof comes off too. Actually the windshield frame unbolts also...guess for taking apart to go down an elevator in a mine. The frame on one comes apart in two pieces to go down into the mines. The other was a surface truck and frame is one piece.

The pics show a fixed frame. If you need a windshield for folding it’s smaller. I get home in a week or so I’ll send you a part number then. I got mine from Ens Toyota in Saskatoon, they supply parts for the mine trucks and occasionally bring in glass. I just bought the last two they had for my BJ74
Looks like you have a couple of good projects. Where are you at? Toronto?

The windshield is a fixed frame but it unbolts...will get some closer pictures...it's something the company that builds them for the mining industry did to them. In out Niagara way myself.

The windshield is a fixed frame but it unbolts...will get some closer pictures...it's something the company that builds them for the mining industry did to them. In out Niagara way myself.

Huh, curious to see the pics. BTW, the windshield guy I talked to at ENS Toyota was Mark. Commercial division,
not normal parts guy, from what I inferred on the phone, after getting transferred over.

Ive got a free 70 series windshield and drivers fender for you if you come and pull it. Im in peterborough. Ive got a bj70 ready to go to the junk yard. Your welcome to anything left on it. Which isnt much...

Ive got a free 70 series windshield and drivers fender for you if you come and pull it. Im in peterborough. Ive got a bj70 ready to go to the junk yard. Your welcome to anything left on it. Which isnt much...
Hey, how's it going?! We might be working out your way this summer, keep you posted! Going to be looking for a 17' Cruiser Chestnut.
HaHa! J

Hey Cruising Canuck, I'm very new to the cruiser scene as well. I've got a BJ 75 ex-mine truck as well that I could really use some scrap metal pieces for. Any chance your 70 has a floor with any metal in it, or rocker panels that aren't all rust? Thanks. Victor

Hey Cruising Canuck, I'm very new to the cruiser scene as well. I've got a BJ 75 ex-mine truck as well that I could really use some scrap metal pieces for. Any chance your 70 has a floor with any metal in it, or rocker panels that aren't all rust? Thanks. Victor
The 70 i have is a rot box. Your welcome to cut any metal out of you desire. The rockers are toast. I didnt look at the floor closely, but judging by the rest of the car, fred flinstone would probably like it

Well, previous owner of mine used the existing floor as a mold for a fibreglass floor. It may be a real pain to deal with. Even a flinstone floor might help me :) How soon are you hoping to scrap it? I have 3 little kids, busy life... may not be able to get out there for a bit. Don't wait to scrap it on my behalf, if you need the space, but if it's still around for a couple of months I could likely find time to make my way east.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom