Dodge Why did you buy a Dodge? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I got a 1997 ram; 5.2 manual...best truck ever. Its strong and has yet to get stuck mudding. I also love the way the 90's rams look

Bought a 08 4WD Mega tow rig and am very impressed with the build quality and drivetrain so far. The Dodge of the old days always put a bad taste in my mouth so I never considered owning one but have always been a fan of the Cummins engine. Will haul my 80 up to Hot Springs for SCC here in a week or so and I'm sure I'll like it even more then. :)

attachment.php

140,000 happy miles of towing the Toys all over the country and still loving it :) I've done a few mods to it since the warranty expired at 100K they are a Skyjacker 3' FRT Springs, Rear Firestone airbags, KYB MonoMax shocks, Nitto Terra Grapplers 285/75/17, Sinister EGR delete, H&S Mini-Maxx on SRT Pillar and a Diamondeye 4 1/2 turbo back. Also added a Curt 16K Fifth hitch which now allows me to tow gooseneck or fifth hitch trailers :)

IMG_7866.JPG

2010-10-06 08.00.35.jpg

2012-04-09 06.37.31.jpg

2012-04-15 12.52.47.jpg

Last edited:
Funny. I saw this thread because I just bought a 92 D250 for a tow rig.

At the same time I have a Concorde in the shop that is one of the worst vehicles I've ever had the displeasure of working on.
I heard 1992 was a good year for the truck ?

Ouch:crybaby:

This one is fun to drive.
20171123_132110.jpg

Bought my first Dodge because I needed a 3/4 ton farm truck and a very clean '01 4wd Cummins with a NV4500 from a guy I trust kind of fell in my lap. I replaced the factory lift pump to protect the VP44. 11 years and about 125,000 miles later all I've done, besides basic maintenance, is replace ball joints and the water pump which was absolutely shot but got my wife home in 105 degree weather.

I don't think there has been a better engine put in a light duty truck than the 5.9 Cummins and I'm more concerned about durability than the best ride or creature comforts. My truck spends a good deal of it's miles pulling a trailer or implement and hasn't let me down. I plan to keep it as long as I it will run as I don't want the newer diesels with all the emissions crap.

I like the 5.9 Cummins enough to have one stuffed into my FJ60.

FJ-60 diesel conversion

Somebody didn't get enough attention as a child.

I love my Toyota Land Cruiser.

It accelerates like a turd. Handles like a brick. Just what you hope for in a lifted 3 ton chunk of steel and gear.

Radio doesn't pick up squat, power antenna didn't work so antenna stayed up. Broke it off with a limb. Speakers were crap anyway.

Consumes a ton of oil, like a lot. Valve stems leaking, smoking on start up(and take off). Rusting rear lower quarters. Front locker won't engage. Windows won't stay on track. Power steering leaking. Smell of anti-freeze, think it is my radiator. I have a noisy pulley up front and maybe fan clutch going out. Rear defrost doesn't work. Shocks are shot. Rattles everywhere (don't care, probably 50% tools). Rear vent mounting tabs broken and hanging on for dear life. Sometimes wanders down the road like it wants to know what is in the woods and may find out any second.

I love driving it. Love the old cruisers and it is very reliable and just a lot of fun. It is a machine. Machines wear out. I plan to take her down and get to these issues soon. Matter of time and money.

Anybody can beat down anything. Some people just like to b!$#. Some of us could care less. Nothing changes. It is all about attitude.

Dodges are awesome.

Negative Dodge comment in 3, 2, 1...

Last edited:
Have one as a work truck right now. Love the Cummins and the exhaust brake. Not a fan of the fake leather steering wheel though.

I love my 08 6.7.. Put would probably trade for the right tricked out 100 or 200 or ????

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom