Fire Extinguisher Mount For 100's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After many requests from local 100 owners, I would like to share my creation to see what everyone thinks. A fire extinguisher mount for both driver and passenger seats. It can accommodate all 2.5 lbs and smaller tanks, as well as most brackets (holders). The mount and extinguisher move with the seat adjustment and are always at hands reach for any size driver. There’s ample room to avoid rubbing getting in and out of the vehicle. They are solid, made from 1/8" steel, and powder coated black. Simple install, approx. 10 min (comes with OEM grade hardware) and has been test fitted in various years of LC’s and LX’s with no issues. Some brackets work better than others however all the common ones have been tested with success. Gun holster adaptation is easily possible, but because of the variety of products and personal preferences I prefer to leave it to the user. I've drawn it out on CAD and it's basically ready for production. Not sure on pricing, but expect it to be more than fair for the quality. I’m curious to see how much interest there is. Any input is appreciated, thank you!

IMG_2396.JPG

IMG_2395.JPG

IMG_2385.JPG

IMG_2410.JPG

IMG_2265.JPG

I would probably be in for two or three! Sign me up

I'm in for 1...maybe 2, depending on pricing.

Interested.

Definitely interested in one.

Yes one maybe two

Would definitely be in for 1 or 2 depending on price. Do you have an idea on price point yet?

I'm in

Yep, one for me please. Do you have a picture of the bracket by itself? I am hoping to eventually have a solution to slide my driver’s seat back another inch or so and am curious if it would still work.

Waiting for this as well. I'm in for 1 or 2 as well.

you're finally posting this! awesome!

You can see it in some of the pictures, it's predrilled for different extinguisher mounts. Literally plug n play with no modifications necessary. and it's solid as a rock.

I'm interested. Just curious, do you think a ram ball mount (with extension) could be attached on there as well?

Count me IN! Been looking for an extinguisher solution.

I'm interested, any chance you are getting deals on H3R brackets like in the first pic? Those things are sweet but dang $...

Interested as well, can these accommodate a 5 lb extinguisher if foot room is not a concern or is this structurally unadvised?

@bgolf247 I'm sorry, not yet. I would like to keep costs as minimal as possible and also include shipping. With a bit more effort I could produce these in-house, or outsource all or some to speed things up. Just not sure how to tackle it yet.

@MTKID Another 3/4"- 1" may work. With a bit of modifying you should be able to get more than an inch, however the H3R bracket in the first photo would not work because of its surface mounting width.

@westwardCruiser Great idea! This could very well be possible depending on how long the extension is and the weight of the device. The only issue I can visualize is maybe some vibration from the extension, but only testing will tell for sure.

@cruzerDave I wish! They are quite pricey, but out of all the brackets I bought (minus the Safecraft which is crazy $) it really is the best one.

@JAntosch I feel like the mount could hold a 5 lbs tank no problem even more, but I wouldn't recommend it for safety reasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom