Bosal Y-Pipe 4 year review (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm writing to share my experiences with the bosal brand y-pipe available all over the internet. I installed this part back in Feb of 2013 and paid $198 shipped.

You can see what has just recently occurred in the attached picture. Fortunately for me this item is under warranty and I will be receiving a new one for free. I am recommending to anyone needing this particular part to stay away from this brand all together and look elsewhere. What a piece of crap!

Pic 1.jpg

What you have on your 94 is going to be different then on my 97. OEM for me would run over $1000.

What you have on your 94 is going to be different then on my 97. OEM for me would run over $1000.

Wow, I didn't know that was that expensive OEM. WOW...

I stand corrected. OEM is showing more in the $1500-$2000 range depending on where you look. It's absolutely mind-blowing! I'm going to have to settle for my free Bosal replacement and wait another 4 years for it to fail again.

I stand corrected. OEM is showing more in the $1500-$2000 range depending on where you look. It's absolutely mind-blowing! I'm going to have to settle for my free Bosal replacement and wait another 4 years for it to fail again.
Wow! That is insane. I can see why you went with the Bosal. Almost seems like having an exhaust guy fab a y-pipe would be the best option in this case.

My bosal needed extensive modification to fit. Had to "spread" the Y like an inch and brace with a wood block in the middle to even get it to bolt up to the manifolds, then the rear of the pipe didn't reach the factory 2nd cat--had to weld in an extra 2" of pipe. Total piece of crap.

I have bought two magnaflows and both were perfect.

I'm writing to share my experiences with the bosal brand y-pipe available all over the internet. I installed this part back in Feb of 2013 and paid $198 shipped. ... What a piece of crap!

View attachment 1623170

Take a deep breath and stand Back from the pile of rust formerly known as a Bosal Exhaust System!

I too, had the same experience many years ago with the "BOSAL". The O2 bung welds were the failure point also, POOR Quality!
When you have the Warranty Exchange pieces in hand, compare them to the quality of the Walker / Magnaflow exhaust, specifically the O2 bungs.

May the better exhaust win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom