J73 With face lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

G'Day Fella's,

Looking good there Srzandres.
Please excuse my ignorance on your work (I'm only new here), but which engine (and capacity) does your J73 have in it?

Regards
Homer

Colombia. The land of Frankenstein cruisers.

Anywhere I can find info on doing a face swap?

For USA and Canadian folks, I have MUCH of what is required to perform this nose swap. Hoods, fenders, bumpers, grills. I do not have the radiator supports,fender wells, or a good supply of head lights. It is not a straight bolt on, but not rocket science, either. You are looking at $2500 plus in parts, at least 1/2 of which will need to be sourced overseas.

IMG_1721.JPG

IMG_1726.JPG

Hello,

It appears this truck was a soft top FZJ73 in its previous life.

It is not just the front clip. The engine looks like a 1UZ. Axles have five lug nuts, instead of six. The dash is from a newer model 70 Series. Interestingly, it is oak, not gray.

I guess the mechanic sourced a 1UZ engine, perhaps complete with an H151 (?) transmission from a 100/105 Series. Then he acquired the front clip, dash and axles from a 1999-on 70 Series, and put his monster together. And the creature lives, or so it seems.

I have seen 70 Series dashes grafted into Colombian 40 Series, including the steering column.

A creative mechanic... Not my cup of tea, however.

Juan

That engine looks like the 1gr v6 found on the newer Tacoma’s.
Been in Colombia kind of make sense.
Isn’t this just a newer truck?

Nice work, but I have never viewed the new front as an improvement. Its just there to fit the overly wide V8 available in some markets

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom