Parts from other vehicles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Thinking of visiting the local pull it parts for a treasure hunt. What are parts from other vehicles that are good to pull for a landcruiser?

Switches from 4Runners, Tacos
Window motors from some Camrys
Relays

I only look for switches usually and sometimes just pull off lots of random bolts. Also, Camry also has the steering wheel clock spring same as 95-97.

Look for seats! There is a good thread detailing all the seats found to fit well.

Some Camrys have a compatible power window switch, and some people like lexus ls400 sun visors.

If you use the Toyota 6 disc changer and you trip over an extra magazine for it at p&p, that's often a nice way to get a spare.

A few folks have adapted the small 110v inverter that Toyota had as an option in the Matrix ( = Pontiac Vibe). The plug apparently fits in the dash, but remember the inverter itself is somewhere else in the car.

If you're still on the original paperclip PS cooler, not a bad idea to squirrel away a known good PS cooler that you can adapt when it fails. I used a Tundra one.

If it's your first trip to pick-n-pull, you can often get a big old handful of fuses for a couple bucks. Most cars are junked with most of their original fuses still in place, so you can get Japanese-made fuses for less than you'd pay for sketchy ones elsewhere.

Bring battery powered tools if you have them, it will make your life easier!

How about 4 runner stuff? I see alot of those at the junk yard

toyota plugs are great to have, as mentioned switches, dash bulbs are expensive new, but many replace with LED anyway. Doesn't hurt to grab them with the fuzes. Really long wiring harnesses can be nice as you can run a whole bundle of color coded wire that may even have compatible plugs on each end. (really brainstorming on that one). always nice to have extra nuts and bolts that are factory and not rusted for spares. if your lugnuts are the same maybe have a couple spares would be good. There are some camry powerseat switches that i've been told are the same or very similar to the LC switches. I could be wrong but I think the Rav4 used the same center diff lock switch as the LC.

Take your tools with you in a backpack. It will be a lot easier.

Same era Camry in general fits - if yer a tall fella I met a guy who swapped a whole airbag Camry wheel & airbag in his 450 (he had to get - smaller diameter wheel, got him knee room.

Switches, bolts, JIS screws, wiring harness plugs w/ as much pigtail as you can - I cannibalize whatever as somehow it always finds a home.

JIS screws
and if they still have the factory tool set, grab the screwdriver from it.

If you are adding speakers anywhere, finding a toyota matching color speaker cover could be handy based on your interior so that you have that factory look when you are done.

I always grab oem Toyota electrical connectors , bolts , relays.... Most of the late 90's Toyota stuff is all the same .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom