The latest entry in poptops (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

GoFastCampers I like that you are making billet parts in house, made in the USA (I doubt many others can claim that), and active here on the forum. I look forward to seeing if/what issues you identify with your field testing. I hope you don't mind if I look you up the next time I am in the Bo-zone;)
Cheers,
Scot

The owner of Maltec-us stopped by for lunch yesterday and what they are working on for EXPO2018 is going to be mind blowing for the poptop world. Having driven and camped in the 70 series below I can tell you I have never seen this level of quality in the US before.

There goes Phil again, getting everyone's hopes up.

There goes Phil again, getting everyone's hopes up.

Not hope available today as a unit if you have the pockets. My hope is I can convince them to bring just boxes. Another Lunch meeting on the 2nd of Jan.;) We should be proud as they feel the 80 platform is the best overall choice.

Maltec stuff is bitchin. Not a better pop top bed replacement camper out there currently. Looked at a lot of their stuff while doing Aero projects. Pretty serious levels of quality.

Maltec isn't the only one working on stuff like that FWIW. And I think you'll be surprised to see the level of quality coming out of North American manufacturers. :ninja: The demand simply hasn't existed here until recently. Baby boomers.

From what I see , North American over landing set up , and European set up are different in the mind approach.
Despite NM has a huge and fertile territory for all kinds of overlanding , the style of it has been heavily influenced by the car /auto manufacturer culture -quality.
As auto culture , I mean it it's global sense.
Per contro, In Europe we have FAR less wildness , but the approach has been different , because of the auto culture is different.
Quality make , can be achieved also in USA without difficulty, there is everything there even much more then in Europe.
Men , working expertise, materials , products .
Ideas are different .
Sorry for this out of tema post , don't want to disturb the subject of gofastcampers.

Rgs Rwnago

They are both rooftop tents with a single pivot I guess. Very different construction methods, and ours is much thinner when closed.

Maltec stuff is bitchin. Not a better pop top bed replacement camper out there currently. Looked at a lot of their stuff while doing Aero projects. Pretty serious levels of quality.

Maltec isn't the only one working on stuff like that FWIW. And I think you'll be surprised to see the level of quality coming out of North American manufacturers. :ninja: The demand simply hasn't existed here until recently. Baby boomers.

Top quality and with years of experience. Note the amount of windows:)

Maltec will make this years EXPO over the top and not to be missed.

8ax1b9YE2xA2DHw4b_zWAAtsA1_cUbGxVTH6ZytVUESj_yRHs9b_p0IqxlmKDRoBHqUhHe9biVUI1gnK3u8XgQNTwmfeMubIhCv9Ay9QYhT8dKzDnLWUu9UaEqk5yrDaRcitAvCtIUcblIRRhXwV734Q--lf1xnFzU6I6H8PU4bUwVw7sOF0oiTE9vmh4_EpYotZM7aJmrW_iJmYdaxyU8VlbEBUZQI4KocSwd5WGO5t_hbkmG-MSPbELa8enABAlrbhFRhfHVSCH4Qw8IhPMhBVf7M_1xJ3m5tm-S1m8n08A8_i3wsMX9Yhcw6Hm5VGvCeSRz3-ozc7osTtybA9N9GzV8UvcY82XUCAN8OYZppnVGwwrostQPwLzE77ys-uxqHKKn0cfPtUe51K8hN1RUirz1hqCwwqZAZiiotdczJilVpGX3AuDplNjH423FJ6mq96fxBkmyOEXtDTaCaLjAjoAqfS_MLTKbPfReUtsaCINFOubQfLkt9TW7p9UUB1DYSy7QRBIPw7sUKXlEFoFhVg3XP4bvCuS62vpwziqROQaSJ3Tlnf522SSjNmw9zFkSe04s6FO8yJ6RQctD1-O_UD1EXwH26dFgPFJnnS=w1024-h682-no

I think that 100K $ is for car ,pop up , and general set up of the car , and importing.
Which is not cheap but possible .
If it is ONLY for the popup , my only reaction is ha ha ha ha .
Gold plated ?

Bye Renago

ah that's nice to know. when i asked you how much earlier you must have misunderstood me. i meant for the pop top only.
Not sure if the pop top will even offered without installation. My only dialogue has been for a box.

^ looks nice from the one photo! Cost?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom