Marlin Crawler Land Cruiser Products (1 Viewer)

What Land Cruiser Specific Productions WOULD YOU BUY if we developed them?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just called the other day about the toy box. I was quite saddened. Now I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas morning to open my presents to see if I got what I wanted!!

Can an R150F handle a V8's torque? Just wondering aloud. I have an H41 to Orion case, and would dearly love a 5th gear...although the 5:1 1st gear on the H41 is pretty sweet coupled with the 4:1 Orion...

Cheers!

Can an R150F handle a V8's torque? Just wondering aloud. I have an H41 to Orion case, and would dearly love a 5th gear...although the 5:1 1st gear on the H41 is pretty sweet coupled with the 4:1 Orion...

Cheers!

R150 is a close cousin to the AX-15 (differences in bellhousing and tailhousing)
The Novak Guide to the Aisin-Warner AX15 Transmission

Novak and Advance Adapters both make adapter bellhousings for the AX-15.

TLC is using AX-15's in their ICON Broncos which are equipped with the Coyota motor (426 H.P @ 6500 RPM, 402 Ft Lbs. Torque @ 4250 RPM) so I'd think it would be fine behind a V8.

IMO you are going to continue to see less and less fj40's out on the trail and thus less market for offroad products for them. Since the resale pricing has gone so far up on the restorations of these vehicles most people are not modifying them for the trail. The majority are being snapped up and returned to stock for a higher resale. Just my opinion.

This is true. Most of these products would be applicable to FJ60s as well. Axle shaft lengths are different for instance, but the basic tech and tooling to build the parts is the same.

Alright guys like the 60 series guys, you all want the Toybox.

So, if (when) we bring back the Land Cruiser Toybox to split case, how many of you will purchase one, like, today, assuming the price is north (could be well north) of $2K? The new Toybox would have some improved bearings and oiling. This is the best Land Cruiser mod ever you can make, period, but while everyone wants one that doesn't necessarily translate into sales with this type of premium product. We would need to make some adapters and inputs specifically for this, it doesn't share anything with the Hilux stuff.

So, show of hands! Who would give me money TODAY, if they could have one within the next couple of months?

So, if (when) we bring back the Land Cruiser Toybox to split case, how many of you will purchase one, like, today, assuming the price is north (could be well north) of $2K? The new Toybox would have some improved bearings and oiling. This is the best Land Cruiser mod ever you can make, period, but while everyone wants one that doesn't necessarily translate into sales with this type of premium product. We would need to make some adapters and inputs specifically for this, it doesn't share anything with the Hilux stuff.

So, show of hands! Who would give me money TODAY, if they could have one within the next couple of months?
Yes! If not today, within the next mont or so, depending on how far north of 2k. I’ve been lusting after this!!

@Marlin Crawler
Would this be an assembled ready to go ToyBox or would it be just the adapter plates and parts like the transmission output shaft?

Is this just going to work with the split case or can I still use my 3-speed one piece case? I would be ready if so but if not I would need to see about finding a split case.

Eric

I wish you guys could make some spare parts for the old toyboxes. I would like to have a spare input for my h55f toybox should mine ever strip out. . I had to wait almost 2 years to get my first toybox.. I was also told several times that when you were still making toyboxes that getting a spare input shouldn't be an issue and that never happened. .. although I absolutely love my cruiser toybox, the wait times on some of your stuff is absolutely terrible... there really should be no excuse to be out of stock of some of the things that your company is known for... you have addressed this issue in the past many times and things are sometimes better but honestly, you should make sure you can keep older products in stock consistently first before concentrating on bringing up new products.. especially with the cruiser stuff... this all being said I would probably be down for a new style toybox if it came out while I am currently working on my next build...
Actually, something that would be cool is making a new toybox that would have parts that are all backwards compatible with the older stuff.. just so when my older toybox wears out I can then upgrade the parts to something current. You should talk with georg from valley hybrids regarding any upgrades for the new toyboxes.. he seems to have lots of hands on experience with your products..

I tried calling for some clarification, but could not get through on your 800 number, and was on hold on your local area code number several times but evetually got disconnected each call. Emailed your website then.

I would be extremely interested in any adapter that would mate the R150F / R151F onto an older '63-'80 FJ one piece case -OR- the '80-'90 split case.

A 2.28:1 ToyBox to mate between them would also be incredible. I would certainly buy one or the other.

interested

So I finally talked to one of the guys at Marlin Crawler on the phone, and they haven't made the original ToyBoxes for several years now, although they still show on their website in both the 1963-1980 version and the 1980-1990 (1990+ J series compatible?) split case versions. It says on their site that they are available for phone order only, which basically means they are not currently available and they are gauging interest in the priority level of their redesigned new version which they have on the long R&D list.

I would really like to have this setup in my rig, and I'm sure others would as well. They said the R&D guy has a lot ahead of this on his list, and would not likely get to it until the end of this year (2019).
I would encourage anyone who is interested in buying one of these to call up Marlin Crawler and also to email them.

***The guy on the phone said they have a specific email address for people interested in the ToyBox.
If you email toybox@marlincrawler.com and state what products you are looking for, you will be added to the list requesting this product to be made, and may get email updates whenever they do eventually get to researching them.
This is an important step in bringing these things back. They are absolutely not going to just start remaking the old versions, they are going to be redesigning them entirely, so this will really help let them know that people are still interested in serious off-road mods for the old Cruisers.

Just to clear up any confusion, they make the TacoBox and other dual case setups, but the box branded as the ToyBox is specifically for Land Cruiser transfer case bolt patterns and input/output shaft locations.

I would love a power steering conversion kit that maintains my three on the column. This setup may attract both off-roaders and those that want to keep near stock configuration. I rock crawl with three on the column with stock manual steering and just cannot give up the nostalgia of the three on the tree. It would also help with driving on the freeway to the trails.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom