Full Metal Remote Key Fob for 1998 LC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Teaser pic. Still need to get the screws to assemble the two parts. My key blank is different than the key blank that was used during design, but a little trimming at the top corners in the lower housing was all that I needed to do to make it work.

IMG_0277.jpg

Reactions: r2m
Apologies to everyone who is trying to download the files off Thingiverse. Apparently it's locked and I can't seem to unlock my uploaded files for sharing. And I don't think I can upload files to IH8MUD for you guys to pull from. I believe they only do media files.
I have an email out to Thingiverse support to see how to fix this.

In the mean time, please feel free to PM me and I'll send the files. What you will get will be:
  • 2 SLA files, the top and the bottom of the housing, ready to load into a 3D Printer. You can use any 3D printer that will slice SLA files.
  • 4 SolidWorks 2017 files:
    • Top housing
    • Bottom housing
    • #2 Flathead sheet metal screw. The part number of the file will be the part number for McMaster-Carr: McMaster-Carr
    • Assembly of everything

If you would like the SolidWorks files converted to DWG, DXF, IGES or something else, please let me know the extension. SolidWorks can export to most 3D software and mesh files.

Cheers!:cheers:
Richard
Love that you've released this as a pay-it-forward, so in that spirit (and considering the hosting probs at thingiverse) I've got a bunch of unused space & bandwidth on my site that I would be happy to host this from, if you want?

Email/PM me if so and I'll put up a dedicated page for downloads (I have a few to add now that I think about it). Anyone else that has anything else chime in as well!

Love that you've released this as a pay-it-forward, so in that spirit (and considering the hosting probs at thingiverse) I've got a bunch of unused space & bandwidth on my site that I would be happy to host this from, if you want?

Email/PM me if so and I'll put up a dedicated page for downloads (I have a few to add now that I think about it). Anyone else that has anything else chime in as well!
Dave, can you please PM me with your email? I'll send you all the files, both STL and SolidWorks files.

Nice!!! :cheers:

Not much of a chance of losing it either with that color!
When I get more filament, I may do mine again in a more toned down color, but all I have now is red, blue and clear.

Okay folks, here is a page to download the files from @r2m:
Community Downloads

I'll leave this up as long as I'm in biz ;)

Thanks CruzerDave for posting this for me!
my pleasure! Hopefully anyone else with manuals, vehicle models, plans, diagrams, or other resources the community would benefit from sees this and send some more files (assuming they aren't already being shared ; )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom