80 rear bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I still like the bang for your buck you get from the traditional 5 gallon gerry so it holds a 5 gallon gerry behind the ladder. There
are two positions for Rotopax mounts on the ladder itself, one for the dog's two gallon water and one for the two gallons of beer , whiskey, wine or whatever
you care to fill it with. I suppose you could use the three gallon Rotopax if you had to.... for the dog that is

Please offer this beauty already!

I agree - to date this is easily the only ladder I'd pay for both for the capacity to store & the swing/lock function it has.

Really well thought out design!

@White Stripe ,@LINUS , @boredmuse , I can build these now but I am messing with a different version of the ladder. It's plate which allows a couple extra inches of room.
It allows room for the Worthington 6lb aluminum propane tank as an alternative for the hi lift ( I'm not much a fan of hi-lifts, I get more use of propane)
I'm finishing a 60 series version. I built this version on a Trooper. The Trooper, 60 and 80 all have about the same room between tail lights.
The center of the 80 and 60 channel is 1/16" wider than on the trooper so the limitations left to right are the same. The channel on this trooper is actually a 60 center but the outers are different. After the first I'll post some 60 series and get on to an 80 version to see what everyone prefers

IMG_7636.JPG

IMG_7637.JPG

IMG_7730.JPG

IMG_7896.JPG

IMG_7897.JPG

That ladder assembly is amazing.

The ladder is genius. Well thought out. Nicely done!

That ladder design is awesome! What's the rough price target on a bumper? I didn't see any reference on your website.

That ladder design is awesome! What's the rough price target on a bumper? I didn't see any reference on your website.
I think he said $2595 starting. That ladder design on the trooper is badass! Looking forward to see that one on an 80.

We're finally going to release a rear on our site.
It will be offered with either a two can basket or a fold down ladder with a single can. The bumper is the same so either option can be switched with four bolts. Standard will have two rear facing LEDs to help
with backing up on dark roads or lighting up a work area on the trail. Receiver hitch and is a hi-lift provision. A worklight on a pod that swivels 360 degrees and up and down. Frame mounts are 1/2" plate with a built in quick hooks for tow straps. Arms are 2 1/2" x .250 wall square. Shell is 3/16. It does require removal of the crossmember and exhaust mods at the bumper. These pics show the carrier with a 35 x14.50
Swamper for reference. A 37 will fit. There are also provisions for two rotopax mounts on the ladder

FJ80 rear

FS?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom