FJ60 - OME Lift Kit Quote - Too High? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

There's no way i was going to d!ck around hammering or drilling or asking pretty please for the bushings to jump out of their homes.

Heat them bad boys up(not red hot) and they slide right out with much less hammering.

No torch so no burnt rubber smell (bad enough I have it, I do not want to give my wife another reason to tell me to get rid of it) it really was not that bad. No burnt rubber smell and I only had to hammer out the spring pins.
Funny thing was it had greasable shackles and pins, BUT the grease was so old and compacted nothing was moving freely.

Something to think about.
I still say it is an easy job overall. No way I would pay a shop to do this. I have done a coil spring lift as well (jeep short arm) and THAT I would pay a shop. Never leaf springs.

No torch so no burnt rubber smell (bad enough I have it, I do not want to give my wife another reason to tell me to get rid of it) it really was not that bad. No burnt rubber smell and I only had to hammer out the spring pins.
Funny thing was it had greasable shackles and pins, BUT the grease was so old and compacted nothing was moving freely.

Something to think about.
I still say it is an easy job overall. No way I would pay a shop to do this. I have done a coil spring lift as well (jeep short arm) and THAT I would pay a shop. Never leaf springs.

I had the luxury of using my work's shop, but yes that is a whole other level of stink! Would need to be something done outside.

Leaves are not too bad to replace.

Last edited:
We (Cruiser Outfitters) would love to help set you up and stock the entire lineup of Old Man Emu parts here in the shop along with a variety of other parts often needed for a complete install. With weekelu stock orders and a deep inventory of parts we can ship as soon as today.

We treat every order as a unique build, going through a build-sheet as we go through your setup and spec springs. OME has 9 front springs and 18 rear spring options just for the 6x Series. Yes... they have that many hand we stock them all and can set your 60 up for the accessories you have, will have, etc. Old Man Emu doesn't offer a "kit" rather individual parts and components, they leave it up to the experience of the retailer to spec which springs and shocks are needed along with bushing sizes, etc.

When shopping on price alone, make sure you're comparing apples to apples. Not only do we build a kit specifically for your vehicle, our kits include things hardware packs for the spring pins, extended sway bars and bushings as needed, etc. Therese are items not supplied by OME but something we've added in-house for a successful install. We've continued to add more to our kits and left the price the same :D

Check out our 60 Series offerings:

Cruiser Outfitters

@emanning, it sounds like you've been speaking with Bryce about part number and had him work up a quote and send it over.

Just to be right up front, we simply don't have the ability and/or bandwidth to go through our build sheet process or provide our suggested parts applications for ordering at another shop. We would love to get you taken care of on a complete suspension if there is something we can assist you but if you're continuing to work with your local shop, they need to earn your money. If they can't do so, call us and I can assure you we will :D

@emanning, it sounds like you've been speaking with Bryce about part number and had him work up a quote and send it over.

Just to be right up front, we simply don't have the ability and/or bandwidth to go through our build sheet process or provide our suggested parts applications for ordering at another shop. We would love to get you taken care of on a complete suspension if there is something we can assist you but if you're continuing to work with your local shop, they need to earn your money. If they can't do so, call us and I can assure you we will :D

Thanks, Kurt! Yeah, Bryce (and you) have been very helpful. I was able to work everything out with my local shop and we've got everything dialed in now (pricing and the right parts). I really appreciate the input though and will definitely come to you guys first in the future! Thanks again!

Cruiser Outfitters did me right with my lift kit. Great price and they fit it to what I intended to do with the vehicle and what kit to buy. My guy installed for around 500-600. Pretty straight forward job but I would also recommend you get the vehicle alligned after doing it if the mechanic doesn't. My guy got it super close but recommended the same thing. Now it rides and drives perfectly straight!! One of the top upgrades IMO.

Cruiser Outfitters did me right with my lift kit. Great price and they fit it to what I intended to do with the vehicle and what kit to buy. My guy installed for around 500-600. Pretty straight forward job but I would also recommend you get the vehicle alligned after doing it if the mechanic doesn't. My guy got it super close but recommended the same thing. Now it rides and drives perfectly straight!! One of the top upgrades IMO.

We definitely recommend an alignment and steering wheel recenter following a lift install.

Glad to hear it's worked out for you. We shipped a handful of 6x kits out this week :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom