Parts for Clutch repair (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SHERMAN FJ62

Charlestons' King of Cruisers
Threads
looks like my clutch is toast. Besides the clutch repair kit and replacing the rear main seal is there any other parts that I may need that people Recommend to replace while doing this repair?

Thanks.

the transfer case filler hose replacement is worth doing while under there, think i got mine from JT Cruisers.

Slave cylinder is only 20 bucks. Is there any sign of leaks, or leakdown in the main master cyl? Have you bled the system ?

Will the truck start in gear when it is warmed up ?

the transfer case filler hose replacement is worth doing while under there, think i got mine from JT Cruisers.

If you're going to pull the trans and transfer case, why not replace the seal between the trans and xfer, and install a correct vent on the xfer case?

You mention a 'clutch repair kit' - I would recommend genuine Toyota parts (not sold as a kit, at least by the dealer) rather than an aftermarket kit of parts.

Reactions: OSS

Slave cylinder is only 20 bucks. Is there any sign of leaks, or leakdown in the main master cyl? Have you bled the system ?

Will the truck start in gear when it is warmed up ?

The master was replaced a few years back and there doesn’t seem to be any leaks with either slave or master. Will bleed the system and see if there is any improvement.

Rock auto sells an Aisin kit

That Aisin/Asco kit on Rockauto is exactly the one you want - OEM aftermarket.

Definitely get the flywheel resurfaced, so you'll need new flywheel bolts (I replace them) as well as new clutch pressure plate bolts - cheap and cheap insurance. Last thing you wanna have to do is pull the trans again to fix.

Blue loctite.

I would definitely replace the seal mentioned above, so you'll need a gasket kit for the t'case, plus those seals (use the FJ62 tcase seal) if you plan to do it. If you have a lot of miles on the t'case might be worth the inspection, anyway.

Installing the oil transfer line hose is insurance incase the seal between transmission and transfer case go bad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom