Toyota Cream'iest White (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been reading many threads and looking at pictures, still not sure which Toyota White color code out of the following has the most creamy shade:

Cygnus White (T12)
Olympus White (T1453)
White (031)
White (033)

Looking for white that is most creamy for the BODY ...
...... and also looking for white that is most white for the bezel and roof.

(Additionally, if someone has pictures of various white FJs / BJs / HJs sitting side by side for comparison that would be great)

I'll be interested to see what others say. I have a 1980 FJ40 that is White (031) and it is rather creamy white but I don't know how it compares to the others. There was another white, Shell Ivory, discussed in another thread as being used as top color but they did not say for which years.

the more i read the more confused... dang

i thought cygnus white was the whitest and just read in a thread its very creamy. Just need to figure out how one can sort the white shades in order from whitest to most creamy.

Would the following be correct with 1 being most creamy and 4 being most white?

1. Cygnus White - T12
2. White - 033
3. Olympus White - T1453
4. White - 031

I know Cygnus White is creamy. I used a 1956 Dodge color called Sand Dune Beige and you can't tell the difference with CW.

So I have a 1986 Toyota truck in 033 White. I always thought it was very white...until I had some color-match made up to repaint the bed/box.

Thirty years of Colorado/Texas/Georgia sun had really bleached the paint out. I repainted the bed and it almost looked yellow next to the cab. I am 100% confident that the color-match is good because I found a can of touch-up (Toyota 033) and it matched my newly painted bed perfectly.

So 033, IMO, is very creamy.

BTW, if you are going to pick a color for a Land Cruiser re-paint, I'd order up a rattle can of the 2-3 whites you are considering and spray them side-by-side and get a good look. Nothing worse (I'd imagine) than painting a rig and being disappointed in the color.

A can of Toyota-coded spray paint is usually about $16...so for $50 you can be 100% sure.

Check out the 60's Ford color "Wimbledon White". It is quite an off white but has near perfect classic look. In my powder coating world, that color is almost dead on with RAL 1013. Great for a 40. An 80 is still off a bit but matches powder color RAL 1016. Brighter whites look wrong on an old cruiser imho

Since you asked for pictures, I can certainly accommodate that request. I don't know where my white 80 falls on the creamy scale, but it's seems pretty nice and creamy to me!
IMG_6782.JPG
IMG_6802.JPG
IMG_6813.JPG

Been awhile since the question was asked. Figured I’d post some pics before I delete them from my phone

Picture was taken on my 76 40 lid. Bezel was repainted by me using spraymax 2k mixed in 033. Front door header channels came off my 71 cygnus white 40. Door stops were painted by me using PPG OMNI single stage (supposedly T12 Cygnus)

The inside of the Cygnus door headers have not been exposed to sunlight. It is the most creamy white in photo. The omni door stops have a green tinge and is not creamy like the OEM Cygnus. I was told by the paint jobber after the fact, PPG has higher end paint with better color match results.

The 033 is nice and is what I’m going to use on this lid.
DF1D5F2D-42F5-4DCF-AF6A-0247CA3EA307.jpeg

Right is the door header I seperated to find non faded Cygnus. Left is underside of roof metal that has been out of sunlight.
4065A1CF-D388-4D09-9111-EB302A87C953.jpeg

6A16FA0B-B995-431D-A312-BA84DEC1A4EF.jpeg

033 bezel and original color of 76 top. Before sanding
B500942D-43A9-4AE2-9797-4CF4F6D2642D.jpeg

Just to show how top gel coat all off a sudden doesn’t look so white. :beer: Right is the area I sanded.
7E2C820F-EC90-4A1A-955F-0AEAF3D657C7.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom