Mini Tractors - lets see um (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Installed a second tubular ammo can to carry handled tools. Thanks to @Waorani for the cans.

IMG_3026.JPG

this is funny 1911 liked my post the guy I fixed the Kobota for, his truck has the license plate 1911.....

Ohh my tractors are a bobcat 843 with a perkins (backhoe, trencher, grapple, auger) and a 1951 Farmall H, Don't have any pix should take some....

My biggest problem with the little tractors was weight, they have the HP and the lifting capacity but need some weight on the back to do much, the backhoe I am sure helps,

the old farmall doesn't have that issue, now its not as adgile as the small stuff but it will pull alot for 30hp.... and parts are cheep and they run forever....... not so much for a Kobota$$$$

If people are looking and like older stuff, Farmall/International made some tractors that were 4x4, going as far back as the farmall M, Have seen several and most of the time people dont know what to make of them (so they are cheep). The cool part is they would be very usable where you guys are... as all the loader/attachments from bigger tractors work..

Last edited:
That's some heavy-duty looking ballast you've got there!

I love the tool holders on the counterweight!

I see a log peavy there. We use those in streams to lift rocks in our hellbender studies.

Thanks for the compliments guys. I can't take credit for any of the thinking there. Tons of great discussion over on TractorbyNet back when I was researching tractors. I picked up the idea for the PVC tool holders there. I need to add a couple saw scabbards to it as I have broke the chain brake handle on both Stihl saws by letting them ride in with the firewood.

I made the ballast box when I was laid off with no income or insurance. So I wanted to do low buck and low risk things. I have so much crap laying around here that all I had to buy was one sack of concrete and the 3-point hardware. There is portland cement, old tile grout, thin set mortar, etc in there. I figure it weighs about 850-900 lbs. Very useful.

I think that might actually be a LumberJack there which is a Peavy with a foot on it to lift the log off the ground for sawing. I do have a legitimate Peavy though for the sawmill. It's amazing how large a log a skinny guy like me can move around with a Peavy.

Fun stuff. I want to get auxiliary hydraulics on the back for hydraulic top-n-tilt, plus buy a box blade, and ......

Nice. I picked up a 6 of Avery beer a couple weeks ago. Don't remember the exact flavor but it was excellent.

Think I'm taking the Kubota out tomorrow once it gets above zero F. Tons of dead fall in the woods right now. And I have plenty of firewood but I'm going through it fast.

Lol....one of the main reasons I got the BH!
I'll admit, tried it with the pallet forks on the loader, I couldn't get the height due to the approach angle on the garage. The backhoe was so simple with all the adjustment it had, don't know why I didn't go with it first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom