Best/favorite product to remove oxidation from single stage paints? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

studawg

SILVER Star
Threads
Im looking to remove the oxidation from my white (040) 200, whats your favorite product to remove light oxidation? Im gonna use a Light clay bar first, but Im guessing that I will need to use some sort of polishing compound after to fully bring back the shine. Id actually prefer to do this by hand this first time.

I've had good results with Megs 151 and foam pad on a Flex 3401. I treat SS paint like gel coat. If it's severely neglected I will wash first with TSP and then clay. Megs 100 is my go to compound for scratches etc. Most importantly is to constantly clean your pad.

You could also buy a 2016+ to avoid white SS paint altogether. Supposedly Toyota quit using SS paint in North America. I wouldn't do it by hand!! Also once paint is corrected I would have it waxed or sealed at least twice a year. I own 3 SS white vehicles and it's a never ending battle to keep the paint looking good

Actually 2011 was the last year for SS white on the LC, went to Blizzard Pearl in 2013. I prefer the SS actually, not a fan of the pearl white metallic clear coat, or any clear coat for that matter. I ended up just clay barring mine with the Simoniz Blue Clay bar and it did an amazing job, removed the fine marks and scratches and cut the oxidation off. I need to get a coat of wax on there ASAP. Thanks for the tip

What was your process? Wash, dry, then clay bar? What will you use for wax? TIA!

Yep, that was it. I used clay bar with Meguiars spray detailer. But it doesnt matter what you use, water is fine as well. I actually mistakenly picked up the bottle of the meguiars aluminum wheel cleaner that I had used on the wheels and used that as lubricant on the hood! Didnt matter, can't tell the difference. Ill probably just use water next time. I also bought a bottle of Turtle Wax Polishing Compound but the clay bar worked so well I don't think ill have to use it. Haven't picked out the wax yet, will probably just choose a Mothers product. I like their Carnauba car wash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom