OEM flares and mudflaps (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just found your build posts. Awesome work... sorry about all the bad luck with the engine. I have the same troopy only mine is a 2003 that I have know and helped the first owner maintain since purchasing from Inter-motive. I have not posted much as my build is a 10-12yr expedition project as I am currently working in Africa but hoping to drive from here up through Europe before shipping to Canada in '28 as my retirement bucket list. Your posts have already furnished me with some part numbers I was looking for... ie. longer parking cable.
Keep up the good work.
Thanks, and sorry for not updating my build post... it's a question of getting time! Whatever other part numbers you need, just ask on the build thread and I'll dig it up in a jiffy. Hope you're enjoying Africa!

Never too late to follow up :) I had mentioned them in my build thread but not here...

In a nutshell they fitted perfectly, both front and rear, although there was a lot of eye-balling to get them lined up. I also think I fitted the front fenders a little farther back (as far as they would go) to accommodate my 285/75/16s .

The only issue I hadn't realised was that the front mudflaps have a moulded insert to receive the factory side steps. I needed to improve my side steps anyway, so I will be realigning them so they slot into the moulding

View attachment 1487946
View attachment 1487947 View attachment 1487948
Hi Damien I need your help for flares with built in mud flaps for my VDJ 78 series,
Regards SB

Hi Damien I need your help for flares with built in mud flaps for my VDJ 78 series,
Regards SB
My rear flares might be the same, but the front won't be. I'm pretty sure the VDJ7Xs come with a factory front flare with mudguard incorporated that would fit yours, just a matter of whether the style of the new front and old rear 74 series match up to your liking

Regards SB
Hey mate, did you have any luck with this? I have just purchased a vdj78 and am looking on doing the same. Would like to hear how youve progressed. Cheers Zac

I think those new type of mud flap are stiff and damaging them may lead to damaging other bits. Ive seen it happen on Prados

Hi Mate, Can you point me in the direction where you purchased these rear flares from? i want to get a set for my vdj78
FRP in NSW make the best reproduction fibreglass parts for the 7* series

Hello,

-60110 is the mud flap for a truck without fender flares.

-60100 is the mud flap for a truck with fender flares.

These parts numbers are for short- and mid-wheelbase 70 Series. If you intend to use them in one of these, they should work. Otherwise, check again.

Juan

Hey mate which ones are correct mudflaps ? They give 2 choices after clicking on part number. Cheers

as Juan said, -60100 are for the flares. they fitted my 02' 78 perfectly. I even had all the factory holes for the brackets they require.

the LH side mud flap has a small cut out for where the exhaust runs as well.

I'm also attaching here a .csv file with all the part numbers i used to fit these, which includes even the rivets (i used nuts and bolts in the end). Over the years i must have emailed this excel file a few dozen times cause ih8mud didn't allow uploading of excel files, but i see csv is now allowed so here you all go!

Attachments

• OEM Fender.parts_2015-10-27.csv
    1.5 KB · Views: 70
they ended up looking really good I think

Troopy01.jpg

Troopy04.jpg

they ended up looking really good I think

View attachment 3604920

View attachment 3604921

as Juan said, -60100 are for the flares. they fitted my 02' 78 perfectly. I even had all the factory holes for the brackets they require.

the LH side mud flap has a small cut out for where the exhaust runs as well.

I'm also attaching here a .csv file with all the part numbers i used to fit these, which includes even the rivets (i used nuts and bolts in the end). Over the years i must have emailed this excel file a few dozen times cause ih8mud didn't allow uploading of excel files, but i see csv is now allowed so here you all go!
Thanks guys. Yeah new Troopy so these will suit the rear. I’ll get wide body flares for front cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom