New vendor "Bowfin Cruisers" and new 80 series roof rack option (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If anyone is debating between the Prinsu and this rack, I'd get the Bowfin. Really do love my Prinsu, but the anchor points absolutely suck! I've had to re-tighten after every trip I've taken since installed and they feel like they're going to bend with just a little torque. Any chance you're going to offer just the latches for sale?

awesome!! i may have missed it, so sorry if this has been covered but are you running a group buy on these?
I am not at this time. Unfortunately it has been really tight on cost. I don't mean to make that sound like a complaint, because it's not. I have wanted to do what I want to do for a long time, and being part of this Cruiser community is definitely it. I will get my cost under control at so.e point and will always try to keep pricing reasonable.

Likely in the near future will be some free add on stuff like tent or awning mounts.

Thanks for the interest though!

If anyone is debating between the Prinsu and this rack, I'd get the Bowfin. Really do love my Prinsu, but the anchor points absolutely suck! I've had to re-tighten after every trip I've taken since installed and they feel like they're going to bend with just a little torque. Any chance you're going to offer just the latches for sale?

Not sure how to go about that one. Perhaps an adapter plate to the latch set up. I really haven't had much chance to pursue it yet.

I am not at this time. Unfortunately it has been really tight on cost. I don't mean to make that sound like a complaint, because it's not. I have wanted to do what I want to do for a long time, and being part of this Cruiser community is definitely it. I will get my cost under control at so.e point and will always try to keep pricing reasonable.

Likely in the near future will be some free add on stuff like tent or awning mounts.

Thanks for the interest though!

i plan on ordering from the website soon! just wanted to make sure there weren't any group buys happening before placing my order! will the tent/awning mounts be retrofittable to pre-existing racks?

I just assembled my rack and installed it today. I’ll take some pictures tomorrow, but the rack is nothing short of amazing! The attention to detail, the quality and the way everything was packed is just above and beyond. The rack is so sturdy I feel like I could put a Prius on it. I drove around the streets and freeway and it didn’t make a peep. If you’re thinking about buying one, don’t wait. Just order now!

i plan on ordering from the website soon! just wanted to make sure there weren't any group buys happening before placing my order! will the tent/awning mounts be retrofittable to pre-existing racks?

Both the tent and awning mounts bolt to the standard t-slot (1×2) extrusions on the market. My awning mount comes proud of the side to clear the latches. The first style is for trucks that are tall enough that the awning gives headroom when mounted to the side of the rails. I think i will also have a set that raises the awning up a few inches for more headroom. It wont look quite as smooth line-wise but it is a function first approach. With gear or a tent on the rack, it wouldn't be noticeable.

I keep coming back to these pictures. The gray looks so good!

HaHa, that's cool. I put the silver one on my 80 even though I wanted a black rack because I needed to represent that color. It has really grown on me to the point that I don't want to change it now!

The black with bare stainless hardware looks really cool too! (Prototype on my 100, but same colors)
15165494292241207568567.jpg
15165494687861590945707.jpg

I just assembled my rack and installed it today. I’ll take some pictures tomorrow, but the rack is nothing short of amazing! The attention to detail, the quality and the way everything was packed is just above and beyond. The rack is so sturdy I feel like I could put a Prius on it. I drove around the streets and freeway and it didn’t make a peep. If you’re thinking about buying one, don’t wait. Just order now!

Glad you like it!

More choices I love it!

Best of luck going forward

Thanks!

My take on this new venture is to be more involved in Cruisers and have something to offer, because I love it. My main job/business (powder coating for 25 years) has made it possible.

For me, I wont down talk any other offerings and don't see them as competitors, just more choices for us all. If I don't sell product for whatever reason, it's on me.

Is it at all customizable?

What I mean by that is can it be made into a camera-shooting platform while keeping the sunroof clear as an easy way to get up onto it through the car?

Is it at all customizable?

What I mean by that is can it be made into a camera-shooting platform while keeping the sunroof clear as an easy way to get up onto it through the car?

That would work. You would have to remove one of the bars in the center of the roof to get access, but it wont hurt the rack any.

While a mesh bolt on roof is definitely coming, I don't have one yet. That said, it would be pretty easy to fab.

My thoughts on that are to use woven mesh with a flat stock frame welded to it and some tabs inside the mesh area for additional attachment points.

Among other things holding it up are being able to ship it reasonably (maybe make it sectional?), and making sure the finish is bulletproof, so to speak.

Laying mesh over flat stock and welding it works, but it is asking for rust trouble shadowing bare metal like that. It may work to have the finished product galvanized then powder coated.

I really want it to happen though, as quite a few people would like a mesh-style roof.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom