Tall skinny tires (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Im thinking a 35x10.50-16 radial mud terrain with a non-aggressive (old-school) side wall. Thats what I want anyway.

Bueller

Bueller

Bueller...

Just curious if there has been any progress made on this, I'd be interested in a couple sets depending on which direction this is headed. Thanks

x2, I am interested, as I have about 20,000 miles left on the 315x75x16 BFG I am running... Something like this could be the next tire for me

G'day Woody, I'm not sure if the Australian market place is big enough to influence the design or size considerations of a multi-national tire corporation. But a number of States in Australia are capping their 'roadworthy' tire size at 35". This means that you can't legally drive on the road with a tire over 35". Also your insurance company might not provide cover in the event of a collision. Cheers, Ben

My tire of choice at the moment is the 235/85/16.
Been on my '45 (cooper st maxx) for a year or so and I have set going on my camper van (falken AT3/w) tomorrow.
It works out to a 32ish x 9.5ish size. Both trucks have about 2" of lift.

I think a larger variety of the 255/85/16 would be close to ideal for guys with more than a couple of inches of lift.
They are closer to 35x9.5.
My tire of choice at the moment is the 235/85/16.
Been on my '45 (cooper st maxx) for a year or so and I have set going on my camper van (falken AT3/w) tomorrow.
It works out to a 32ish x 9.5ish size. Both trucks have about 2" of lift.

I think a larger variety of the 255/85/16 would be close to ideal for guys with more than a couple of inches of lift.
They are closer to 35x9.5.

I got a set coming for 80 Series.
%rMEIIKUSEmzuY5F96%AkQ.jpg

But a number of States in Australia are capping their 'roadworthy' tire size at 35". This means that you can't legally drive on the road with a tire over 35".

Such regulation also exist here in my province (Québec, Canada). Tire may not to exceed 89 cm (35 in).

If 35” ended up being “the” height, what does a 35x10.5 bring to the table that a 35x12.5 cannot?

Just wondering,

I've been talking with a tire manufacturer recently, and they are considering making a tall/skinny overland type tire...

Looking for input, would be a 2018 size release.

any feedback? im on the hunt. 17" wheel 35-37"dia e load

If you are okay with an 18” wheel, there are plenty of 35x11.25 tires to choose from. 285/75R18

thanks. I need to stick with 17" wheels. These are for my Tundra, i have a set of OEM rock warrior 17's that i would like to set up as spares/hwy drivers with a tire size that matches or almost matches the 37's i am currently running

I got a set coming for 80 Series.
View attachment 1629336

So I've been looking at pizza cutters and the 255/85/16s all appear to be 33" and change, not 35". If I could find some that were larger diameter I'd go that route. Ideally the unicorn height of 34.25 so they'd fit underneath as well : ) Anyone seen one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom