Builds PZJ70 build-refurbish!? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just finished the worst job on this re-furbish yet! The oil pan bung was stripped out so had to pull the pan, get new bung welded in it, scrape-clean block & pan, reseal with FIPG and install pan plus OEM drain plug. My face, eyes, ears, mouth, hair, armpits and arms are covered in diesel engine oil, FIPG and old dried up oil/grease/funk! Had to be done though and it is good to go now!

This was my last dirty job down here in Latin America on the truck before shipping it and my other Cruiser off to the States in a week.

Cheers

Took the PZJ70 out to my friends ranch in the mountains today. Did a little bit of wheeling at his property. First real test of the truck yet and it did great!

IMG_4560.JPG

IMG_4538.JPG

IMG_4542.JPG

IMG_4569.JPG

IMG_4577.JPG

It is a fun and tough little truck, with the LSD in the rear it did great in the mud and on the rocks.

By the way those are old growth oak trees in the pictures.

Cheers

After a long wait this truck is now on US soil! Which is good because I have a big pile of parts sitting here just begging to be installed in it!

Cheers

great pictures and nice truck.

I like my PZJ, people try to bash that engine with little basis, because the 17 extra horse power on an HZJ especially in auto are noticeable? these things are slow all day. every . day.

when they are in low though... they can go over almost anything.

great pictures and nice truck.

I like my PZJ, people try to bash that engine with little basis, because the 17 extra horse power on an HZJ especially in auto are noticeable? these things are slow all day. every . day.

when they are in low though... they can go over almost anything.

Gears matter a lot more than 17hp, this little truck of mine has 4.56 in the diffs with only 31's so it feels plenty powerful. It will pull up a mountain pass at 55mph and not drop speed but ya it is not going to be running over those passes at 65-80mph!

Cheers

So after more than 2 months waiting I finally got this truck here in Idaho last Sunday. I was happy to see it show up undamaged and nothing had been stolen off it.

I went right into installing all the OEM parts I have for the truck. Unfortunately it did show up with a busted brake light switch so I have a new one of those in route to me now.

Here is a new OEM rear bumper I am installing. I had planned to reuse the black plastic side caps from my bumper but after looking closer at them and finding new OEM ones I decided to just order new caps. Hope to have those next week to finish off the new rear bumper install.

IMG_4940.JPG

Installing this because the original is a little sun cracked.

IMG_4945.JPG

Got lots of goodies like this going into it as well.

IMG_4950.JPG

Installed new OEM black outside mirrors.

IMG_4954.JPG

New inner door handles as well.

IMG_4957.JPG

More to come!

Oh ya got insurance quick and easy, even before titling and plating. Street legal with Latin American plates! :grinpimp:

Cheers

By the way, this is the best place I have found to buy parts from. Maybe JDM sites are best for you guys with RHD trucks but a lot of JDM sites my trucks don't come up with vin searches because they are not JDM spec trucks. They do come up on this site,

PartSouq Auto Parts Around the World

I have recently gotten some OEM parts from them that list retail at nearly $120 and I was able to get them from these guys for less than a 1/4 of that price! I am also getting parts from them in 3 to 5 days. They are in UAE! 3-5 days! Fed-Ex!! And should I say cheap shipping too!

Pretty happy with this so thought I would pass it on and give them a plug.

Cheers

So the Cruiser showed up here with a busted brake light switch. Had not been a problem before but the striker is busted so the brake lights stay on 24/7.

I got this from partsouq in four days. I ordered this Thursday last week and it was here before 9am this morning. Fed-Ex shipping for $9, I am stoked on buying parts from these guys!

IMG_4986.JPG

Cheers

By the way, this is the best place I have found to buy parts from. Maybe JDM sites are best for you guys with RHD trucks but a lot of JDM sites my trucks don't come up with vin searches because they are not JDM spec trucks. They do come up on this site,

PartSouq Auto Parts Around the World

I have recently gotten some OEM parts from them that list retail at nearly $120 and I was able to get them from these guys for less than a 1/4 of that price! I am also getting parts from them in 3 to 5 days. They are in UAE! 3-5 days! Fed-Ex!! And should I say cheap shipping too!

Pretty happy with this so thought I would pass it on and give them a plug.

Cheers

:lol: Guess your "parts professionals" at Amayama weren't so great. Let's see how long these guys last. :lol:

:lol: Guess your "parts professionals" at Amayama weren't so great. Let's see how long these guys last. :lol:

Not at all and the mocking tone is kind of lame man. Just saying...

Amayama has increased shipping costs considerably in the last few years. On top of that I am buying parts for LHD non-US spec trucks and Amayama is geared towards JDM and Aussie. True they supply parts from the Middle East as well but neither of my trucks show up in their parts books or vin searches while at partsouq they both do. Plus Partsouq has a far superior EPC on their website.

Cheers

Not at all and the mocking tone is kind of lame man. Just saying...

Amayama has increased shipping costs considerably in the last few years. On top of that I am buying parts for LHD non-US spec trucks and Amayama is geared towards JDM and Aussie. True they supply parts from the Middle East as well but neither of my trucks show up in their parts books or vin searches while at partsouq they both do. Plus Partsouq has a far superior EPC on their website.

Cheers

Because it is funny as hell. Not mocking. Just laughing.

Because it is funny as hell. Not mocking. Just laughing.

Two choices here, completely ignore you or respond, hmmmnnn.

Not sure what your deal is and I don't really care. Not sure why you would feel the need to come in this thread and be a dick. I have shared the sources I am using for parts. Not my problem if you are butt hurt because I am not using you for parts which by the way is by your own choice. Can't see why anybody would be negative about somebody sharing useful info with the group, such as parts sources and feedback about these suppliers. I have used you for parts in the past and you sent me wrong parts, I didn't make a big deal out of it or even ask for the right parts. You were also very busy and had little time for me or my orders not to mention your email spammed me every time I sent you an email with an auto reply. I was in a bit of a hurry since I was preparing my truck to drive to Panama and on a timeline. A year later I came to you again to see if we could do some business and I mentioned how you had sent me wrong parts as well as how I needed you to be competitive price wise and also how I was finding parts you were telling me are NLA. You said you didn't want to do any business with me. Ok cool no worries man, I actually enjoy digging for my own parts, it is something I had to get very good at with old Nissan Patrols and can't say I am not enjoying it with these Cruisers or past Cruisers as well. So why exactly do you feel the need to come poo in a guys thread who you don't care to do any business with? You are adding nothing here so if all ya got is laughs and know it all attitude, please take that to somebody else's thread.

Cheers

Amazing that people just can’t laugh anymore.

Please continue with your build.

I’ll refrain from laughing.

Obviously I don't appreciate whatever your deal is here in my thread.

Back to the build....

I tore this out of the truck along with the steering wheel, calm shell, ect. I had some parts to install like this new gauge cluster cover. I gave it all a good cleaning while I had it out.

IMG_4987.JPG

Cheers

Looks super nice. I'm looking at this and I just realized I don't know what the small T belt light is. I don't remember seeing that on my 73. Timing belt warning light? Never heard of that one...obviously a 3b doesn't have a timing belt...

Looks super nice. I'm looking at this and I just realized I don't know what the small T belt light is. I don't remember seeing that on my 73. Timing belt warning light? Never heard of that one...obviously a 3b doesn't have a timing belt...

Ya timing belt warning light. From what I recall it is activated by the counter every 90 or 100k. There is a reset button for it in the cluster when you install a new t-belt. That is what the small black plug on the left bottom of the new cover is for. Pretty common on the 70's I have seen, 1HZ's, 1PZ's and Prado's.

Cheers

When folks contemplate posting on threads, rather it be this one or anyone else's, they are faced with three options.
Option 1 .... Don't post
Option 2 .... Post something positive or perhaps helpful.
Option 3 .... Post something that serves no apparent purpose. (aka ... The least desirable option)

Back to tech...... :)

Last edited:
When folks contemplate posting on threads, rather it be this one or anyone else's, they are faced with three options.
Option 1 .... Don't post
Option 2 .... Post something positive or perhaps helpful.
Option 3 .... Post something that serves no apparent purpose. (aka ... The least desirable option)

Back to tech......

Rarely will you see me do anything but #1 or 2. Unless of course it is in my thread, then chances are pretty high I am going to respond. Doing #3 in my opinion can have a negative effect on forums. I ran the largest classic Nissan Patrol forum in the world for ten years. In the end it turned into a s*** show because people couldn't seem to respect each other in an online environment.

And for the record, I don't know what Beno's deal is. I respect the guy for what he does here. I got zero issues with him, we are simply not doing business which seems to effect him more than it effects me in whatever capacity. Like I said above I definitely do not mind hunting my own parts, in fact I enjoy it.

Cheers

I have done more little stuff to the truck lately. One particular issue was the brake light switch. When I received the truck here in Idaho it was busted. So I ordered a new one and installed it. However, it was still acting up so I ordered up the rubber bump for the switch in the pedal. No more issue with it now. Also fully rebuilt the LHS headlight, the mounting and adjusting screws were shot so I ordered up all new parts except the actual headlight and rebuilt it all. Works great now.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom