Trail Tailor Offerings (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah I’d say so too. Scary stuff. Stay on top of it. Drains from kidneys are zero fun and prone to infection.
Avoid nsaids (ibuprofen, aspirin and aleve) and dark greens too right now... they increase bleeding. Last thing you need is to make that hematoma keep bleeding into it.
Take care.

Yeah I’d say so too. Scary stuff. Stay on top of it. Drains from kidneys are zero fun and prone to infection.
Avoid nsaids (ibuprofen, aspirin and aleve) and dark greens too right now... they increase bleeding. Last thing you need is to make that hematoma keep bleeding into it.
Take care.

Much better today... Not much done. Just played "Feed the Monkey" loaded and cut 3- 5 x 10 sheets of 1/2" and finished up those nasty Rover sliders...

The stainless gutter clamps arrived today. Now just need the custom square weld nuts and aluminum blocks. Those are about 10 days out still.

J
[ATT
IMG_20180118_133200294.jpg
ACH=full]1614637[/ATTACH] View attachment 1614638
IMG_20180118_133149561.jpg

IMG_20180118_133220450.jpg

Jeebus, man, concussion is nothing to take lightly... Glad you're feeling better.

I woulda pulled out the mobile and called 9-1-1...

That rack is awesome. :)

Jeebus, man, concussion is nothing to take lightly... Glad you're feeling better.

I woulda pulled out the mobile and called 9-1-1...

That rack is awesome. :)

Thanks Alf,

I have to get the last 1/2" skeleton off the table in the morning and then load a sheet of sacrificial 16 ga to cut and bend the final rack side plate and take some posers for everybody.

J

Awesome! I have been looking forward to the gratuitous clamp pictures!
I hope you continue to feel ok!

I am sure this entire forum would not be hurt if you put this aside and just made sure you are better.
But I get it, one man show and small business. Sick, injury and anything aside from death does not stop most of you.
People like me who have cushy office jobs just do not get it (well I do as I would rather be doing something for myself any day, and one day I will)

Go slow and make sure you are ok.

I have a random question ... On your page for the 80-Series TourFlex suspension, what wheel are on that 80?

Take a break J. Our rigs have been around 30 years...a week's delay for full recovery is no big. Rest!

Take a break J. Our rigs have been around 30 years...a week's delay for full recovery is no big. Rest!

R,

I left the shop at 4 today. :meh: I'm good, just need to get back to the more familiar and feel back in a settled place again.

I have to get this rover out of the way. I have 3-200s coming in over the next 1-3 weeks for custom armor and new bumper jigs. The Rover ( any new to me rig) is always a time killer for me. I measure 20 times and then make the part out of thin metal for fit and look and then make the real thing and then a jig and then a new "XYZ" part from the jig... It's a process from hell from me, but its the only way I can feel comfortable making another one... Not to mention 5 sea freight orders and setting up a shop all at the same time.

Thank you all for your thoughts and concerns. I'm a tough ole boy! :hillbilly:

J

No one is cranking out 60 products like you. Take it easy, so we can continue to enjoy the product development for years to come :flipoff2:. Few have drive and innovation that you have. You might consider sick time as a future Trail Tailor policy to implement.

Glad to hear your feeling better.

D

No one is cranking out 60 products like you. Take it easy, so we can continue to enjoy the product development for years to come :flipoff2:. Few have drive and innovation that you have. You might consider sick time as a future Trail Tailor policy to implement.

D

D, If you could just see my 60 to-do list... HA! It's you guys that make it such a pleasurable experience for me and keep me looking at more and more things to make.

Once I get caught up... I'll relax a bit and get on my old schedule of 30-40 hours a week.

J

D
Lol...sick time policy.
"A" might agree!

Jesus Jason, glad that you are OK. Do yourself a favor and take the weekend off.

I was working on a custom bumper once and had the 2X3 cross member pinched up between the rails ready to tack in place. I let go of it for a second to grab something with my semi free hand and it dropped and caught me on the forehead at the hair line. It bled a little and I was a little woozy. I called Heather and told her to call me in 15 minutes to make sure I was OK, I went back to work.

She showed up about 20 minutes later all worried. I was laying under the truck working. I was surprised she came home from work. Her response "you call me and tell me you were hit with a heavy piece of metal, in the forehead, and felt woozy, but hey no big deal just call you in a bit. ARE YOU NUTS, get the hell out from under there and let me take a look at you" She made me take the rest of the afternoon off.

You on the other hand were out. Take a mental health weekend. Not that I care, I just need the parts you make :) Take care of your melon!

New REV tow points got started today.

I took these a bit further and the plate is cut and bent by me but the holes are now CNC milled and the shackle hole is radiused by my machinist. Pic is of the first side run. He'll flip and radius the other side. I should have these in bare metal next Tuesday. These will work very nice with the GatorJaw soft shackles I'll be selling in a week or two from @MRT Motorsports/ Chas.

Stay tuned!

J

Teaser pic!

IMG_20180119_141838933.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom