30th Annual Rubithon 2018 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

When and where is the registration located for this event?

Also, I am planning on attending this event and want to plan accordingly. I am driving from Raleigh NC and would love to be pointed to a good resource that has information for folks that have one, never driven this trail and two, never been to this event.

Since I am coming from the other side of the country it be nice to have some information for planning considerations.

Thanks in advance

Karie is working on getting the new site up as we speak. Should be up by the this weekend barring any problems. If you need an immediate question answered, you can give me a call at 530-401-0800.

Thanks Eric

I'm very interested in attending this year's wagon run with my 100 Series. I understand that few have done this, but I would like to give it a go.. any chance someone organizing the Wagon Run can reach out to me, before I register, to make sure they are comfortable with this.

Mark Hawley is doing a GX470, FJC and 120 run. If Steve is too full, which I expect will be the case with it being the 30th, you may want to consider that one as well.

I got the green light to go this year! Now I just need to finish my 4Runner (3.4, dual cases, tons, locked, 40's) or talk the wife into taking the 5th Gen 4Runner (3" lift, 285's, armored, rear locker)....

Do you guys think a first timer should sign up for the wagon run no matter what rig we bring?
No, that run is going to be packed. Since it is your first time, I would recommend the Breakfast Run. They take 2 days and camp at Buck also, but the Run will likely not be as full and easier for them to support you as needed. Either that or partnering up with another few rigs with experience on the Rubicon and go Renegade with them as a plan B.

Hey guys -

I haven't rolled dry dirt with you all for 4-5yrs & frankly caught an invite when I swore I was up in Canada fishing, but what's the "role-call" total if a 'Lackey/slacker' like myself (& bring my 20yo nephew)- wanted to come on down & beat up my junk?

-Is there still room inside the 20 rig convoy? -I'm good to make some jam-n-slam plans, or is this now essentially a done deal?

-Also, so since I've got some plans over the upcoming weekend - when really are you all cleared & out from trails so I can loosely plan my "limp home / tilt-deck AAA towtruck ride" -so they can dump my 80 back in my yard?

I'm under no illusion so I just want to plan my "worst case scenario" if I beat junk & need to make tracks N for the upcoming weekend (a Thurs eve call - time).

I'm trying to pencil some plans, it'd be great if me & bucko could get down, vacation time & such allowing.

----Also, are dogs allowed? -- Someone stated recently dogs got a 'stinkeye' from some place (Nat'l parks? - I forget). What's the story there? Issues / no-go on mutts?

Last edited:
Hey guys -

I haven't rolled dry dirt with you all for 4-5yrs & frankly caught an invite when I swore I was up in Canada fishing, but what's the "role-call" total if a 'Lackey/slacker' like myself (& bring my 20yo nephew)- wanted to come on down & beat up my junk?

-Is there still room inside the 20 rig convoy? -I'm good to make some jam-n-slam plans, or is this now essentially a done deal?

-Also, so since I've got some plans over the upcoming weekend - when really are you all cleared & out from trails so I can loosely plan my "limp home / tilt-deck AAA towtruck ride" -so they can dump my 80 back in my yard?

I'm under no illusion so I just want to plan my "worst case scenario" if I beat junk & need to make tracks N for the upcoming weekend (a Thurs eve call - time).

I'm trying to pencil some plans, it'd be great if me & bucko could get down, vacation time & such allowing.

----Also, are dogs allowed? -- Someone stated recently dogs got a 'stinkeye' from some place (Nat'l parks? - I forget). What's the story there? Issues / no-go on mutts?

You can always sign up and be part of the fun. Hope you do.

The Event is over Sunday and most people are up Cadillac and back to Lake Tahoe by Sunday afternoon.

Dogs are fine on a leash, always lots of them there. I've taken mine several times. Though honestly, it's more fun without the dog since there's so much in and out of the truck, rock stacking etc.

Hope you don't need to take a flat bed all the way back to PNW! Most people do just fine. Keep your inputs easy, and your knuckle nuts tight and you'll be fine.

Karie is working on getting the new site up as we speak. Should be up by the this weekend barring any problems. If you need an immediate question answered, you can give me a call at 530-401-0800.

Thanks Eric

Sir,

Thanks for the offer. I am good now. Most of my initial questions have already been answered. Looking forward to signing up for the WAGON RUN and attending my first RUBITHON.

Is air evacuation going to be included again? They are bugging me to re-enlist, but I won't if my reg fee is going to include it.

Only for the event specifically. Wont cover to and from or the rest of the year. Id recommend getting it

Is air evacuation going to be included again? They are bugging me to re-enlist, but I won't if my reg fee is going to include it.

Wait, - what?

Is this for real, or an inside joke?

I swear California is on fire more often than a car in any Fast & Furious movie. :poof::poof:

Medical evacuation in case of an emergency. It's been part of registration the last several years. Seen it used a few times too.

Only for the event specifically. Wont cover to and from or the rest of the year. Id recommend getting it

Are you saying just for the time on the Rubicon for this event or only at the group site?

It is provided for everyone, for the entire event, Tuesday through Sunday:

"After much thought concerning the number of times we have had to call in an air ambulance to our event, this year we have chosen to ensure every participant will be covered by AirCareMed Network (formally CalStar.) This will cover every person that is a part of Rubithon while they are on the Rubicon Trail from Tuesday, June 19th through Sunday June 24th, 2018. It will not cover you coming to or going home from the event. To do this you may notice we have had to raise the cost of the event by $10."

Are you saying just for the time on the Rubicon for this event or only at the group site?

For all Rubithon participants during the event. Again, it will only cover during the event while on the trail. It will cover to and from. This comes in handy for those that are bringing a guest that doesn't normally wheel in remote areas. For those of us that do, this insurance is better than any equipment we put on our rig..... followed by a ham radio!

We have the registration almost ready to go live. Our website was swapped over to the TLCA server and had to make many changes.... for the better I might add. Karie has done an outstanding job and we just found a few small things to fix before going live with it. If anyone has issues with the new version of the registration, please let me know ASAP as I don't doubt I may have missed something!

Thanks for your patients. It will be worth it!

Bad CoCo - all in, who's running the kid's Raffle this year ? Sent you a message on the reg. regarding, let me know.

Happy to announce on line registration is now open. This is a complete upgrade from prior year's registration so if you find any issues, please email me at chairman@rubithon.com or call me at 530-401-0800.

You can now pay directly on the site with a credit card or still can use PayPal or send in a check. Also, it works with Windows or Macs and can also be completed from you mobile devices.

I'll be posting on the other forums later today.

Here is the link:
REGISTRATION – Rubithon

The links and passwords for the Committee and Lead spots have gone out. If you did not receive on and should have, please email me at Chairman@rubithon.com

I'm getting excited and trying to plan out my trip. Maybe a little early, but can you blame me?!? As a first-timer that is going to trailer his rig up, where would you recommend leaving it? My 4Runner does have plates, but it's not totally street legal (tires stick out past the fenders by a lot & no mud flaps). My thought was to see if a hotel would let me park there for a week, but I'm not sure which side I should be on. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom