ARB Style Plug (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know if this is a common style or proprietary? I contacted ARB USA and they did not know who made this plug. It screws in but can also be used in a standard female receptacle. I wanted to get another to use with a compressor I have. The ARB rep suggested purchasing another power cord which may be the only option. I think they are around $22 and are part #10910076. Here are some photos
IMG_3311.JPG
IMG_3312.JPG
IMG_3310.JPG

Possibly some kind proprietary plug. Regardless, it is 'weird' and should be cut off and replaced with something industry standard.

I've lopped off cig lighter plugs and other weird proprietary power plugs/sockets and replaced with Anderson SB50 or powerpole or common delphi/deutsch connectors. They are better/more reliable and commonly available.

The only reason ARB etc., provides a cig lighter plug on the end of their fridges and other stuff is so it is a quick plug/play for the purchasers not because they are a good electro-mechanical solution. With only 12V nominal in most vehicles, any voltage drop across undersized wiring and poor contact connectors is a big hit in terms of power delivery efficiency.

cheers,
george.

PM me. I literally throw away dozens and dozens of those ends to my my fridge plugs. Those ARB plugs are freaking terrible. But if I have some that haven’t been tossed, it’s yours.

Get rid of that cig style plug. It's the source of more fridge problems than anything else. All the cool kids use power poles. You should too.

Get rid of that cig style plug. It's the source of more fridge problems than anything else. All the cool kids use power poles. You should too.
I pulled the factory cig plug and installed the ARB plug. The ARB plug matches with the male ARB connector on my fridge. This is my first fridge but the plugs do lock together. I will try them out before I move on to something different.

Hi all,

I have used both the standard 12V "cigarette" lighter style plug and the 2 prong "ARB style" plug, while also being familiar with the Anderson "power pole" plugs.

While both of these factory style 12V plugs have worked fine for me, I see more and more the attractiveness of the Anderson power pole style plug. They are sure locking, easy to use, and extremely durable. I may be switching over to these in my vehicles.

Regards,

Alan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom