Turbo kit and vendor for 1PZ engine (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi there fellas,

I have searched this forum regarding this question and have found some very old threads.

What type and make of turbo can I fit to a 1PZ engine?
Is it a straight out of the box fitment or do I have to manufacture/beg/borrow/steal a special flange to mate the turbo to the engine?

657258063.jpg

Turbo Engineering still advertise a kit for the 1PZ. AXT had them but don't have them listed any more.

Hello,

Could the good old CT26 be an option?

I remember Wayne/ @crushers put a turbo on his soft top PZJ70 a while ago; I am not sure whether he used a CT26 or a Garret.

Juan

I've looked into this question myself. Honestly I think your best bet, if you're not a purest, is to find a fabricator to do the plumbing and use a gt28 or (similar size) turbo. I'd look into vw/audi specialty builders because they are more in tune with tight space efficient plumbing. All that said, the injector spray pattern is not optimal for FI. @Gun Runner 5 can chime in regarding this matter. Rob has a guy who can machine the injector nozzles to benefit turbo applications and can also give good input on other considerations.

I've looked into this question myself. Honestly I think your best bet, if you're not a purest, is to find a fabricator to do the plumbing and use a gt28 or (similar size) turbo. I'd look into vw/audi specialty builders because they are more in tune with tight space efficient plumbing. All that said, the injector spray pattern is not optimal for FI. @Gun Runner 5 can chime in regarding this matter. Rob has a guy who can machine the injector nozzles to benefit turbo applications and can also give good input on other considerations.
Premise #1 .... Rob has not had a 1PZ in the shop however he has had a number of 1HZ's.
Premise #2 .... When it comes to turbo's Rob is not a "one size fits all" kinda guy and more times than not he will recommend a Garrett.
The following observation is based on the assumption that the 1HZ / 1PZ are similar in a number of ways.
Unlike a number of Toyota diesels that offer a variety of nozzles depending on your requirements, the 1HZ (and perhaps the 1PZ) is basically a "one size fits all" situation. Rob has a company that uses diamond tipped drill bits to enlarge the tips to offer better fuel flow and this procedure was used on my 1HZ when the turbo / Intercooler was installed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom