Stock tires can't really be this bad (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pulled the trigger today. Ordered KO2’s stock size and having my stock rims powder coated in a flat Matte finish. I’ve had the LC for one week , too long for the Dunslops. Will post pics next week when it’s done.

You will see a big improvement, but still don't drive stupid, just because you are now invincible

Last edited:
Right. No one claims KO2's are "master" of anything, because All-Terrains aren't designed to be.

So...shockingly... ;)
Track tires beat KO2s on the track...
Mud tires beat KO2's in the mud...

What I meant to say was not a fan of KO2 in the realm of all-terrains. Would rather run Yokohama AT or Falken AT3W at 75-80% of the price while having better performance.

Just dumped the Dunlops! KO2’s stock size and had factory rims powder coated.

D2F8E157-65C1-4A81-B952-794E5A547C8C.jpeg

Factory 200 rims, what he said. ^

Looks great - i didnt realize it was a 15. I was thinking they were off a tundra. I'm still debating on which ones to have painted. I've found tundra rims for $400 brand new on craigs list that are the TRD pro style.

I bought a 2017 LC with the stock Dunlops about a week back, 19K miles on them, in the PNW. Was wondering whether to run them for the next 10K miles or so or get those replaced before we hit some winter weather. Would love to be able to go through the passes and hilly roads here with confidence. Plus, it is the PNW, so rain is an frequent thing.

A lot of guys hate the OEM tires. I did not have a problem with the performance.

A lot of guys hate the OEM tires. I did not have a problem with the performance.
I found they were fine on pavement, wet or dry. They were quiet though I found the ride a little harsh on highway imperfections. But if you don't drive in snow I don't think they're a bad tire.

In the snow I found the traction was poor. I bought my truck with 49k miles on it and the tires seemed like they had about half their tread. I replaced the tires around 65k miles (they had about 4/32" left - not sure if they were original tires or the second set). Just braking up to a stop sign the ABS would kick in sometimes (not even braking that hard). Moderate acceleration in snow even in a straight line would trigger the VSA.

With the Nitto ATs I've yet to engage ABS, and I've only triggered the VSA by stomping on the gas from a stop on a right turn. The Nitto's even in E load are a softer ride, but I went up to 34" and down to a 17" wheel, so there's a lot more sidewall and not really a fair comparison.

On the LX, the 21” Dunlops are the best in being silent. The ride comfort is good, not great. However, today we had about an inch or two of snow and they really struggled for grip. Just installed the KO2s in 275/60 on 20” rims today and to my surprise they are more comfortable that the dunlops but there is a bit of tire noise which didn’t exist before. I previously had Michelin Defenders in the same size as the KO2s and they were not as silent as the Dunlops but ride comfort was great, and they were great in the snow as well. Lets see how I like KO2s

KO2s are better than the Michelin MS2 Defenders in the snow. Defenders are much quieter.

I bought a 2017 LC with the stock Dunlops about a week back, 19K miles on them, in the PNW. Was wondering whether to run them for the next 10K miles or so or get those replaced before we hit some winter weather. Would love to be able to go through the passes and hilly roads here with confidence. Plus, it is the PNW, so rain is an frequent thing.
I was looking at reviews for KO2, looks like some bad reviews on the BFGoodrich site. Related to uneven quality, balance, etc.
All-Terrain T/A KO2 | BFGoodrich Tires
With my 4Runner that I just sold. I had the KO’2’s on for 25k miles. No issues of any kind and they look like they were about 50 percent worn, evenly at that.

I had my new 285/65R18 KO2's out in the snow today for the first time and was totally impressed. Uphill, WOT, very minimal slippage. Felt totally in control in every situation. I have about 2500 miles on them now and even at 46 PSI the ride quality hasn't changed much. They are very quiet, better than expected. Plus it looks the way it should have from factory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom