clutch creaking and groaning (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have an H55F mated to a 2H. Lately, once the engine is a bit warm, the clutch pedal squeaks and groans when I depress and release it. I can feel and hear it at all points through the travel of the pedal.

I checked under the hood and the reservoir is full.

Does anyone have ideas what I should look for next?

Thanks,

Ara D.

You could maybe dab the pedal pivot points with a bit of grease. Also the clutch fork pivot ball would appreciate a dollop of grease

how old is the throw out bearing?

These are the parts of the pivot. If there was a plastic bushing in there that's FUBAR or gone, that may be the culprit.
3B37698D-0166-4BE7-A1EE-EB45EEDDB1A6.png

View attachment 1586332
Could be the plastic bushing in the piviot point of your clutch peddle is worn out or dry like @OSS said some grease in there would help eliminate that. If you do need new bushings this is the part number 90386-13007
From here. Some info saved

You could maybe dab the pedal pivot points with a bit of grease. Also the clutch fork pivot ball would appreciate a dollop of grease

Forgive my thickness, but without taking the pedal apart at the pivot, how do you actually get grease into the joint? I have a tub of regular black axle grease and I could smear it on with my finger, but that doesn't seem like it would last very long.

I had this experience last weekend, creeking and metal noise. Clutch was slightly rough at start of pressure. Cleaned parts, lubed n lightly greased. Now smooth again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom