Black Powder Coating Stock 2016 Wheels - Pics? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've searched around for pictures and just people talking about them on this forum and the interwebs, but not much has come up. Has anyone by chance seen the stock 2016 wheels with a black powder coat? Considering doing that vs buying the Tundra TRD 18's.

I'd recommend spending $10 on two cans of plastidip to get one side of the vehicle black before you drop a lot of coin (and vehicle downtime) on powdercoating. If you like the look, then the dip can be removed as part of the wheel prep for powdercoating (or you can remove it, but be advised if you do not put it on thick it is a real PITA to peel off... best to do many thin layers which will peel off in larger chunks than a few heavy coats)

Bumping an old thread because the link above is dead. Does anybody have photos of powder coated 2016+ wheels? For those that have done this, how does the powder coating hold up over time?

I just did my 15’s wanna pic?

15’s just done.

C7967B35-D62C-4E72-A6AD-7DE7B70A2982.jpeg

I haven't always liked black wheels, but they look great on white vehicles. I think it really transforms the look. We bought the Tundra TRD Pros for a winter wheel/tire setup. Found a great deal on craigslist Atlanta even with shipping.

These look fantastic Bendcruiser. Is that a satin finish? Also, how did they manage to keep the chrome Toyota logo on the center cap?
Thanks! I think they removed the logo painted it and the replaced logo? No other way? Satin finish.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom