What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

IMG_2177.JPG

IMG_2178.JPG

Installed a replacement power antenna mast. My power antenna motor worked so I pulled out the broken antenna mast and put the replacement in. Got a lot of good info here on MUD. Thanks to all who have posted before.

Had to get my dd beater Nissan towed today. Had anxiety stare me in the face and I persevered. Made the truck go from no start, no click, nada to RUNNING. Drove her around Lake Pocotopaug (East Hampton, CT) which is less than 2 miles from me... had to feather the choke from stalling here and there but it’s better than nothing. Gonna take an hour drive one way to a carb shop tmrw and see if they can pin point what the f is going on in my settings.

01650152-10CD-4D9A-8938-F112C1B8538B.jpeg

Swapped out every single light inside and out with leds and installed new oem Toyota dash pad finally. It spent 20 years between Arizona and Nevada sun so the dash was super ugly had grand canyon sized cracks. Bought the pad about a year ago ($$$$) not sure if they are still out there now. This was a PITA for sure especially reattaching the Speedo cable. Other than that it was pretty straight forward just Phillips head screws a handful of bolts and some clips to take apart the whole dash and dash pad. Used super bright leds for everything but the dome and cargo lights are pfran led.

5EBB9A2E-5B6A-44F4-BA1F-CBEFF4F93888.jpeg

28B6EFA2-CC44-4ECE-ADE0-C42A088EE553.jpeg

28FCEA57-8BFF-437C-AC53-480C11575698.jpeg

Now.....just remember and don't do like I did and go bushwackin next weekend and forget to put it down! My new one lasted about 2 weeks and is now stuck half way down and bent! I'm gonna pull it out and install a fixed one with a big spring!

@CenTXFJ60, Jim, I would love to! I just don't have the funds to do it added to the plethora of animals I have, and my son (he could stay with his dad fairly easily tho) its just really hard to get away for even one overnight!

The Turdle's driver side wiper arm broke completely in two last week during a rainy drive. I have a '97 FZJ80 parts truck in the yard so I decided to try swapping the wiper arms from the 80 onto my 60. It worked! I did have to do a bit of grinding on the mount point of the arm to stop them from interfering with the plastic surrounds at the base of the wiper shafts on the 60. You can see in the pic below that there is a cast "ring" at the base of the 80 wiper arms. I just ground off that ring and made the bottom a completely flat surface. I used the nuts from the 80 to attach the arms to the 60. The blades swapped right over and the wipers work better than new.

85211-60011__5.jpg

The 80 uses this nut to attach. The 80 nut is a little deeper and provides the correct amount of threads below the top surface to engage the 60 series shafts.

f86572606863ac25d5fddbfcc7579f43.image.200x210.jpg

Finally got the old hoopty Bitch running correctly. Fuel pump sucked up a bunch of old RTV due to not having a pre-pump fuel filter. That is now rectified and fixed.

View attachment 1612023
Nice to see you back in a 60 after that nasty accident. Way to keep putting the next foot forward. Correct me if I’m mixing you up w/ someone else.

Me and my kid went for a little drive in a light snowfall earlier today, Marlborough, CT. Him monkey crawling in. I get such a kick watching him. At 4.5 he won’t dare let me help him.

D425BB9C-0B79-4DB4-9C1A-DEB1DE4B344A.jpeg

50A93994-162E-43F7-BC84-8BDAAF028560.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

• k91
Back
Top Bottom