FJ80 Death (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This past weekend my fiance was in involved in a pretty bad crash when a car made a left in front of her.
Luckily she is ok, stiff neck, headaches, and a bruised elbow. Could have been much worse if she wasn't driving the tank.

Though I have only owned my FJ a few year's it has quickly become one of the most fun vehicles I have ever owned. I'm not sure what the extent of the damage is beside the obvious cosmetic. She will likely never be the same.

Should have a comprehensive estimate by the end of the week.

All cars involved were covered by Progressive and the claims agent aid after talking to all parties he is inclined to assign fault to the car that mad the left in the intersection causing the crash.

I'm not sure what the hell I'm gonna do but it seems like there's a few forks in the road, wanted to open this thread up so I can gather advise from the community as things develop.

Last edited:
Oh, death to the FJ, not a human.
My wife was driving the 1990 FJ62 you see in my profile about 5 years after we bought it new. She was transporting our kids, aged 5 and 2. Nobody hurt. It was a 5 car accident. A drunk ran into a car that ran into our FJ that got pushed into the car in front and that car hit the car in front of that. Nobody was hurt. The drunk walked away, literally to the convenience store next door. The hook on the FJ impaled the bumper in front and the jaws of life were used to separate them! Insurance covered all repairs and we got a fresh Toyota paint job. No frame damage and truck is my Sandcruiser now at the beach. I am certain if she was not in that tank someone in my family would have been hurt.

Advice would be not to sign anything releasing insurance until your fiance gets medically checked and some time has gone by. Maybe get advice from attorney that specializes in this area.

I'd like to say a little magic eraser and it will buff out, but I think ^ is right, they will total it. Buy it back, part it out or use for parts on your next cruiser.

This was half a mile from my house. I bet this is the green 80 I’ve seen from time to time. Shame.

If you decide to part it out shoot me a PM on the rear bumper.

This past weekend my fiance was in involved in a pretty bad crash when a car made a left in front of her.
Luckily she is ok, stiff neck and a bruised elbow. Could have been much worse if she wasn't driving the tank.

Though I have only owned my FJ a few year's it has quickly become one of the most fun vehicles I have ever owned. I'm not sure what the extent of the damage is beside the obvious cosmetic. She will likely never be the same.

Should have a comprehensive estimate by the end of the week.

All cars involved were covered by Progressive and the claims agent aid after talking to all parties he is inclined to assign fault to the car that mad the left in the intersection causing the crash.

I'm not sure what the hell I'm gonna do but it seems like there's a few forks in the road, wanted to open this thread up so I can gather advise from the community as things develop.

Glad the lady is okay. Given enough money, this could be brought back. If that's not an option, get the insurance less TRUE salvage value and keep it for parts. Get that insurance value as high as you can; I got insurer up almost double ftom initial offer on totaled 2003 SUV.

Next time: bull bar, bolt-on hitch, and beefy expo bumper will fend off most things.

1. Glad she is OK
2. The insurance company that represents both parties in the accident is a loser for you, no matter what they are trying to minimize what they are paying out since no matter what they will pay on both ends. Might want to see legal council
3. wish him the best as far as his wife's physical injuries before you part out his truck on the internet.

Very glad to hear that your wife was not seriously injured! How did the damage to the rear happen? A third car or did the first car spin around and catch the rear also?

All I can say about fault is Dash Cam. Ridiculously cheap nowadays and can be installed very unobtrusively if you want that. We have them in all three vehicles and I think I'm going to switch to a front and rear camera setup on the cruiser here soon. It's one of the few things in life that I really love having even though I never, ever want to have to use it.

Unfortunately, I agree with everyone else here, probably a total loss. Wishing you good luck with that.

rjones

Glad the lady is okay. Given enough money, this could be brought back. If that's not an option, get the insurance less TRUE salvage value and keep it for parts. Get that insurance value as high as you can; I got insurer up almost double ftom initial offer on totaled 2003 SUV.

Next time: bull bar, bolt-on hitch, and beefy expo bumper will fend off most things.

Forgot to upload this one... bolts holding steel bumper on snapped.

Very glad to hear that your wife was not seriously injured! How did the damage to the rear happen? A third car or did the first car spin around and catch the rear also?

All I can say about fault is Dash Cam. Ridiculously cheap nowadays and can be installed very unobtrusively if you want that. We have them in all three vehicles and I think I'm going to switch to a front and rear camera setup on the cruiser here soon. It's one of the few things in life that I really love having even though I never, ever want to have to use it.

Unfortunately, I agree with everyone else here, probably a total loss. Wishing you good luck with that.

rjones

As best i can tell the cruiser hit drivers side front and the car making the left hit passenger side front, they hit, the car that mad the left spun off and tail tapped the rear quarter panel of the cruiser. the cruiser then continued on and hit a car on it drivers front (car was in the right hand turn lane)

Glad everyone is well, total loss in my opinion as well.

That being said, how's the Slee front bumper? Price shipped to 29464? :cool:

buy it back and part it out. i hate to tell you but thats going to be a total loss, dont even try to kid yourself.

This ^^

How is rear bumper and price shipped to 17402?

Forgot to upload this one... bolts holding steel bumper on snapped.
Every accident is different, but I've seen ARB Deluxe bull bars still attached in 60-80mph head-ons with stationary objects. Who makes this and how does it bolt on?

Every accident is different, but I've seen ARB Deluxe bull bars still attached in 60-80mph head-ons with stationary objects. Who makes this and how does it bolt on?
Looks like a Slee Shortbus.

Get an attorney if you can, we wrecked and both had State Farm and Insurance company tried to screw us both. If I hadn't worked with an attorney they were calling us both at fault. Ended up working out well with an attorney.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom