Official LX570s Picture Thread (17 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well, I've been super busy and haven't had a chance to compile our photos and videos from Moab yet but I felt bad leaving everyone hanging so here's a couple quick teaser shots. I'll find the time one of these days to get all the footage and photos together and post up a proper compilation.

24507786677_cf48bea285_k.jpg

38664073284_6d65da18da_h.jpg

25503112158_de2c264681_h.jpg

Maaaaaan. I’ve been thinking about a Moab trip but worried about having enough rig. Totally inspired by this.

Maaaaaan. I’ve been thinking about a Moab trip but worried about having enough rig. Totally inspired by this.

If you're worried, I wouldn't recommend Hell's Revenge, the trail is fine but the exit once you get off the slickrock has some big crumbly steps that will likely result in some bumper scrapes if you aren't very careful with your line choice. Go run Fins N' Things in the SlickRock park, get all thrills and steep ups and downs without the worry of damaging your rig. There are also a ton of other trails outside the park that are very stock vehicle friendly with fun obstacles and amazing views!

^I second that. Pics or it didn't happen.

I apologize for the lame photos, I had the flu all weekend so I didn't really get any time to get out and snag some proper photos. But here's proof it actually happened!

27946822999_20e430110d_k.jpg

38827666485_07f1cbfb9a_k.jpg

39694741702_6a18c96b5f_k.jpg

Nice! Just picked up another set of RWs and planning on fitting these. What PSI are you running and how is the ride?

Nicely done! I do like the Falken AT3Ws as I think the sidewall has just the right amount of aggression to match the LX style, as apposed to K02s.

Would love to hear your impressions once you hit the trail with these (as opposed to stocks).

Them 34's lift the rig nicely. Combine that with extra high AHC mode (3" lift, via crawl control) will give her stilettos to keep the shiney bits off the rough stuff.

Nice! Just picked up another set of RWs and planning on fitting these. What PSI are you running and how is the ride?

Running 36PSI. Ride is fantastic. Did great on the icy roads this morning. Did great cruising 80MPH down the highway, track true, can't say I notice any increase in noise even with the radio off. I will say if this size is indicative of this tire as a whole they do run large. I had checked out mcgaskins truck running BFG KO2's in the same size and these are definitely larger in every measure and substantially wider.

I just installed 34”x11” fallen AT3W’s stock on unadjusted AHC. Had to remove the front mudflaps and doing a minor tuck of the front of the fender liner but it was 20 minutes of work total and I am run free and it looks great!

I can't find any AT3W tire by Falken in a size close to "34"x11"" ... :confused: Can you clarify the exact size?

TIA

Nicely done! I do like the Falken AT3Ws as I think the sidewall has just the right amount of aggression to match the LX style, as apposed to K02s.

Would love to hear your impressions once you hit the trail with these (as opposed to stocks).

I do like the sidewall and these tires seem to run on the larger side. The sidewall on same size KO2's was nearly flat/vertical with the outer face of the rims where the AT3Ws have significant sidewall bulge beyond the rim. I had to use your fender liner tuck method, remove the little aero flap thing that hangs down AND reshape the liners with a heath gun to get rid of the rub in front and I still only have about 2mm of clearance at full steering lock.

I thought I was in the clear after that but it looks like I may end up running spacers up front after all. With the moisture on the roads this morning I noticed a squeal; upon inspect it appears at full counter clockwise steering lock I am actually rubbing the passenger side sway bar. It is light enough that when the tires were dry I couldn't feel/hear anything but with wet tires it is not subtle.

I'll take some measurements when I get home. Using the highly scientific "Where the tire comes up to on my leg" scale these appear to be damn near as tall as my 315/75R16 Duratracs I ran on my FJ.

Last edited:
I can't find any AT3W tire by Falken in a size close to "34"x11"" ... :confused: Can you clarify the exact size?

TIA

They are 275/65R20 which a tire size calculator will tell you are 34.1" x 10.8" but they actually say OD 34" TW 11" on the sidewalls

They are 275/65R20 which a tire size calculator will tell you are 34.1" x 10.8" but they actually say OD 34" TW 11" on the sidewalls

Got it! Thanks.

I do like the sidewall and these tires seem to run on the larger side. The sidewall on same size KO2's was nearly flat/vertical with the outer face of the rims where the AT3Ws have significant sidewall bulge beyond the rim. I had to use your fender liner tuck method, remove the little aero flap thing that hangs down AND reshape the liners with a heath gun to get rid of the rub in front and I still only have about 2mm of clearance at full steering lock.

I thought I was in the clear after that but it looks like I may end up running spacers up front after all. With the moisture on the roads this morning I noticed a squeal; upon inspect it appears at full counter clockwise steering lock I am actually rubbing the passenger side sway bar. It is light enough that when the tires were dry I couldn't feel/hear anything but with wet tires it is not subtle.

I'll take some measurements when I get home. Using the highly scientific "Where the tire comes up to on my leg" scale these appear to be damn near as tall as my 315/75R16 Duratracs I ran on my FJ.

Bulge is good right? At least I prefer that as it it protects the wheels better.

Depending on the level of rub, you might consider a 3mm shim spacer rather than a full blown adapter spacer. They're a bit tougher to find in the 5x150 PCD flavor we have, but I know they're out there as I found some when I had a 100-series.

Bulge is good right? At least I prefer that as it it protects the wheels better.

Depending on the level of rub, you might consider a 3mm shim spacer rather than a full blown adapter spacer. They're a bit tougher to find in the 5x150 PCD flavor we have, but I know they're out there as I found some when I had a 100-series.

Bulge is good! Adds a little rim protection and looks meaty!

I already have some 1/2" BORA Hub Centric spacers in my garage as I initially planned to follow your lead on the 305/55R20's so I'll try those out this week. I probably only need the 3mm given I can't feel the contact through the steering wheel or even hear anything when dry but I already have the 1/2" spacers so I'll give them a go.

Running 36PSI. Ride is fantastic. Did great on the icy roads this morning. Did great cruising 80MPH down the highway, track true, can't say I notice any increase in noise even with the radio off. I will say if this size is indicative of this tire as a whole they do run large. I had checked out mcgaskins truck running BFG KO2's in the same size and these are definitely larger in every measure and substantially wider.

Even though I haven't seen these in person yet, I can tell from the pics they're a bit bigger than my KO2s in the same size:

K1I6as-Sk0MCJzw9fIjHZUWxLi0gRUgKv7qBrSwP-RBzIYU4XxMKhmwI5WGYmg_DqXuR3k_hjoYXxA1xm9_na6GBiRC0lVeKKKUPNgaXi8EBXbLw0eZ7z3cVwd_Ya6JkN-bdpSSnZQTaNlcA7jyFZMuw0m_69trEOz8UbdCetGaKMNosBvnos1Ot4E4H-hFKUsSX6DxyRaPBcw9k2ak1XWlX6QhZ8IaUw0Uzk-SBW1LiE9xArGUpIALX8AXfBTayofUbDz5gx2n94Vosgb_kcYAxdQQhF4xAg0UYg2vehIPYGHZofFBlZjKNSbo4KRsaWtejks9ZEVT2A-1Yxbs9pNxyPUOI3w_FQlU6XxcGZ61W3xBSiFw7EuXxFDpN9SvgBW0_P6BfM8En1yLH-lBjc-eH_mKmLmdfO0mOWy1gC5Us7MApvjasnHdcWPtnN5jp-2LJG1ZnKLdu9JglOKSlklF1QfLXRpeH2ZQBPkwiJivgrC6dKHpEWkJEFrB15tFrJMFEb6jFcvQaJKCo5HuU_Yq0wxw8SoECbMDFsjr0LsIf5F5wv_2ww6j4n-1Yr4RGtlf1wEor5ev_FLTusYHEIHK-3avdjmFz4E1YR7kuSdlAq1dKvvLCPEpc-DLl2Q46LelFcM-fUNviXtQJ4DTd_dj8oEI5mzbg=w1262-h946-no

I apologize for the lame photos, I had the flu all weekend so I didn't really get any time to get out and snag some proper photos. But here's proof it actually happened!

27946822999_20e430110d_k.jpg

38827666485_07f1cbfb9a_k.jpg

Someone has to say it.

BEEF

Even though I haven't seen these in person yet, I can tell from the pics they're a bit bigger than my KO2s in the same size:

I take it back. K02s look great on the LX too! Guess nothing is too aggressive for a 200-series. Even in a tux.

Maybe i missed it but will these falken at3 275 65 20 fit in the spare compartment without mods?

Maybe i missed it but will these falken at3 275 65 20 fit in the spare compartment without mods?

Great question. I actually bought 4 tires so I could take it home and see if it fits in the spare carrier before I bought a fifth. If it doesn't fit I'll buy a rear bumper... then a fifth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom