Builds Reinhardtius's Single Cab (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Everyone

Please allow me to introduce my new car. I purchased an '88 (manufactured 1987) 75 series single cab with a 3b diesel engine in December. It comes from Switzerland by way of Georgia. I bought it with a Georgia title, all import and clearance documents, and all of the original service records, including a Toyota service cheque book, which you must see to believe. The Swiss auto mechanics were meticulous with their record keeping, and for that I am very grateful. The Swiss emissions testing records also go back to when new.

The single cab appears to have been very well taken of. I have found little to no evidence of any electrical or mechanical systems tampered with. It is clear that the body underwent a light restoration and a repaint at some point in the last decade. The paint presents well and there is no major rust. The engine starts without any smoke, idles wonderfully, does not leak any oil, and the transmission shifts nicely and without any unusual noise. I suppose that makes sense for 65,000km of total use to date. I have been comforted to read about many others with good-running 70 series trucks with ten times the mileage.

My plans are to leave the truck in original condition. It needs new head light bulbs and belts, and a few new wheel studs. I will also perform a fluids change. I have also decided to run a tubeless DOT-compliant tire on a single-piece wheel instead of the original split rims. The truck is living inside this winter until the snow disappears and spring rains wash away the road salt.

Thanks and I look forward to chronicling my ownership in this thread. And yes! I will share loads of photos.

Reinhardtius

One photo to get started

Screen Shot 2018-01-17 at 08.17.34.png

What brand of rim are they?
I have also decided to run a tubeless DOT-compliant tire on a single-piece wheel instead of the original split rims

They are OEM. My favorite rim too. (Unless you were asking about the split rims...then I don’t know)

Last edited:
What do they originally come on? The non splits

I think you will most likely find them on 60 and 80 series here. They also came in chrome. I saw some the same as Reinhardtius' on Facebook in Perth somewhere, but they had bald tyres and he wanted too much.

I would be happy to just have a garage that clean. The Ute is simply icing on the cake. :)

Hello,

x2.

You have a very nice garage/shop.

Juan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom