GX470 Steering Wheel Replacement/Refurbish (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone have experience with replacing or refurbishing their dark beige/gray steering wheel? The options I've found are a B&I replacement wheel, an eBay wheel for an LX that probably won't match my color, or a leather refurbish kit that may or may not match the color.

Also, does anyone know what the actual color or color code is for the wheel/dash in a "tan" GX?

My wheel must have been treated with a paint or leather dye when it was put up for sale because it looked fine when I bought it and has deteriorated to this after 12 months:
full

Carid lists it for 295+150 core deposit. I requested a quote directly from B&I, but haven't heard back yet.

I've replaced mine with a steering wheel from ebay. I like the way it feels and looks, even though color didn't exactly match. One problem is that after a couple of months it developed a slight play in the area where wood grain part attached to the steering wheel (10 and 2 o'clock), so I do not recommend buying this steering wheel. Also it stunk pretty bad for the first month or so.

Toyota FJ120 PRADO Landcruiser FJ100 BLACK wood leather steering wheel-SPORTS | eBay

I'm planning to reupholster the original steering wheel and install it back in a year or so.

I've replaced mine with a steering wheel from ebay. I like the way it feels and looks, even though color didn't exactly match. One problem is that after a couple of months it developed a slight play in the area where wood grain part attached to the steering wheel (10 and 2 o'clock), so I do not recommend buying this steering wheel. Also it stunk pretty bad for the first month or so.

Toyota FJ120 PRADO Landcruiser FJ100 BLACK wood leather steering wheel-SPORTS | eBay

I'm planning to reupholster the original steering wheel and install it back in a year or so.

That's good to know - I was looking at those.

Those were the eBay wheels I was looking at as well. I contacted a couple of the vendors and none of them could confirm that the brown, beige, or dark grey colors they had would match. Really makes me wish I had gone with a black interior.

I may contact the alibaba vendor if I run out of options. Doubtful they'll have the color since they show the "brown" on a beige interior. Good find though!

I bought the one that @latinskllz posted but without the airbag. It's a really close match to the beige/tan GX interior and 1000x better than my beat up oem wheel. Definitely worth the upgrade imo.

IMG_9843_zpssihcggyg.jpg

IMG_9828_zps6wwjmkkk.jpg

KZ2A3393_zpsihfptpgo.jpg

I did not measure but I'd say the 100 series wheel is a tad thicker but that may also be due to not having 200k miles on it. I'm digging it over the wood grain.

While I was at it I also found an RX shift knob of the same color. My plan is to eventually hydro dip the interior wood pieces to resemble the 08-09 wood color so this and the steering wheel were the only pieces holding me back. The RX knob sits a little higher than the stock GX but feels very similar.

IMG_9973_zpscber2zaf.jpg

non-nav, non-wood (sport?)... very nice!

did you get the t4r wheel on ebay and how much?

Non-nav, non-sport. PO nicely switched out the stock wheel with the t4r wheel. I believe it was bought on ebay. PO also pulled the wood, sanded and painted it Toyota galactic grey. It looks great, ih8wood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom