4x6 Trucklite LED Headlight install question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a very specific question about the installation of the Trucklite LED 4x6 headlight.

I bought both high and low beams to replace my H4/H1 lows/highs.

The lights were very simple to install, and both are working properly. What I didn't consider at first is the fact that the low beams are low beams only. Whereas the H4 housings they replaced are high/low beams.

I haven't tried them yet but I fear that when I switch to highs I will have less useable light than before, as I now have two lights on as opposed to four lights on I previously had when switching to high beams.

So the question is: Has anybody found a way to make the low beams stay on when turning on the high beams?

Thanks,

Luis

Building the two harnesses needed to fix this problem takes less than an hour and about $30 worth of easily procurable parts. It was easy (I hadn’t soldered in over a decade) and it works perfectly.

Follow the instructions in the link and you’ll have bright lights that work correctly.

Great, now I'm shopping 7 inch led headlights. The available options are overwhelming.

Wow how did I miss that thread. Thanks, for some reason the search never showed me that thread. Very insightful!

It seems we have a few differences with the US trucks, let my clarify:

My install is on a quad beam 80 series. We have H4/H1 sockets which US 62's dont (I think?). Our 62s also have H4/H1 sockets so they're basically the same as far as installs go.

When i first installed the lights, both lows and highs turned on when I switched on the high beams but the low beams would turn off when I switched to low beams. A quick swap of the negatives within the H4 socket solved this issue, so that got me thinking:

If I just bridge the negatives on the low beam's H4 socket, would they work as they should? ie. they turn on with lows and highs?

Thinking a little more clearly, I don't believe bridging the grounds would work. I'm not sure, will have to try. Scared about damaging the switch in the steering column?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom